What is Cosco thinking?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I'm gald they made the AOE better, but they still have a long way to go! We ran to Target today to return some things and of course made our way around the store. Ilana begged to see the carseats so I gave in and let her try some. ;) A little size background, her and Evan are 23 mos, 6#, and 4.5" apart, but have basically the exact same torso height.

We started w/ the Comfortsport and they are both even w/ the top slots and surprisingly I think could get away w/ rfing in it if the straps they needed to use weren't so far behind their shoulders. I suppose it's a fine seat if your almost 4yo fits, NOT a good seat when your not even 2yo is one growth spurt away from outgrowing it. :(

We tried the True Fit and they basically fit in that the same way as they do thier Britax. 2nd slots for rfing and 3rd for ffing.

Then came the fabulous Eddie Bauer combo seat. http://eddiebauer.djgusa.com/product/detail.asp?ID=2855&model=6527 Ilana is already in the TOP usable slot w/ about maybe an inch (maybe not quite) of room left. She's not even tall enough to use the seat as she's just under 32"! She probably wouldn't make it to 34" in this seat, let alone 40#! She has more room in her Avenue than in this seat. Does that make any sense at all? Why doesn't this seat have the same warning on the back of it that the old AOEs had? I had to look in the manual (and really look for it) to see that the top slot is booster seat only.

Then I sat her in a few boosters for giggles and it was really scary! She's 24# and fit really well in both the Turbo and the Pronto, even though she's not even 2. She kept telling me to 'strap me in' and I had to explain to her that's not how these seats work. :) She's so cute. :) I'll have to bring a camera next time.

ADS
They really do have a long way to go. I am surprised that my dd lasted till 4yo in her AOE. Too funny that Illana was asking you to strap her in! They learn young! We need pics next time!

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I am confused.
Are you talking about an AOE, or the eddie bauer combo booster?
The pic you linked to is the combo booster, it is a FFing only seat that converts to a booster. It is not an AOE. Or did you also try them in a new AOE?
*confuzzled*

I would love to know how the new AOE with the supposed 17 inch top slots fit your kids!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm pretty sure she's saying the new AOE is great, but the old EB (Summit with some tweaks and upgrades) still sucks big time.

;)

Qarin

You mention "top usable slots"- does the combination seat have a limitation on the top position? For some reason (and not from experience), I thought it was only the 3-in-1's which had that limitation, but the combo (FF only) seat did not.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yes, the ones with the sliding headrest (Summit, EB Deluxe, etc), have the same 'top slot only in booster mode' rule...they've just never printed it on the back of the sat like at least the AO/E do :(

Qarin

Yes, the ones with the sliding headrest (Summit, EB Deluxe, etc), have the same 'top slot only in booster mode' rule...they've just never printed it on the back of the sat like at least the AO/E do :(

:eek:

Well. Maybe they're going to be revamping those, too. So then you really really won't know. Seriously, they don't say on the back, but restrict it?? :eek:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yes... it's stuff like that that makes us all laugh (or weep openly...) along with Starlight's response on this thread...sigh.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I thought she was just saying it was better. Kind of like getting a cavity filled is better than a root canal...

You're funny. :p I am excited about the new AOE, but mainly b/c it's the seat I see ALL the time at checks. At least now, it'll last a while. AJ could still use the new 50# AOE, even though he outgrew the other one right at 3. :( Now the EB is jsut a sad seat, I don't understand it at all. I do think Ilana liked the pink though, lol, and it's probably why they sell so many more now. :thumbsdown:

We did also try the Tital out and I swear it had taller slots. Ilana was sitting on the insert and was about even w/ the top slots, so I'm guessing 1/2-3/4" before she hit the top slots in a 50# seat. Another :thumbsdown: on that one.

Yes, definitely camera the next time. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC