Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Century convertible?

I saw a RF seat that looked like a convertible. I'm 90% it said "Century" at the top and it kinda looked old, but it looked like it had LATCH attached. The RF belt path was on the side towards the front, and it looked like the seatbelt went through it just like an infant carrier (w/o base). I've never seen a convertible like that. Any ideas on what it might be?
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Moderator - CPS Technician BookMama's Avatar

Re: Century convertible?

We had a Century convertible for DS with a RF belt path like that - over the child's legs, the way some infant seats are installed without the base. I think it was a 1500 STE.

Is the seat you saw listed in the car seat pictorial? Century products are listed under Graco-Century.
    Andrea, CPST, Tech proxy, special Needs trained
    DS 4/01 - Seatbelt * DD1 11/05 - Oobr, PWSGL, Performance Booster
    DD2 10/09 - GN SS/Argos
    Plus a plethora of "spare" seats for everyone.

I don't think I saw it in the pictorial. Unless they weren't showing the RF belt path. But with a belt path like that, and even with the name Centurey, it must be old, right?
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus

Senior Community Member TerisBoys's Avatar

Look at the Graco/Century 1000/1500 STE (page 17 second row). That one had an 'over the leg' beltpath and was last made in 2004.

Oh, thanks. It was shapoed like that one, I just couldn't see the belt path in the pic I guess. So, hopfully it's on 04...which would make sense that it looked like it had LATCH.

THe Mom used to be in a class with me. I saw her putting DD in the car, and struggling with how to install the seat (wait, how did dhe and DD get to this place to begin with?!). I told her to call me, please please call me tonight (she said she still has my number, I don't have hers). I felt horrible walking away, but I was running late for a meeting Hoping (and praying) that she calls me.