Where would you put who and in what??

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
Ok, I need some help with moving my kids around and what seats to use.

Here is the sitch...I'm debating about whether or not to keep my Wizard. It's got 2 years left on it, but the harness height adjuster on it has issues. I've got 3 covers for it, and 3 kids that can use it (right now).

Placement issues...DD (R3) can't be next to anyone younger than her. She can't manage to keep her hands to herself and likes to poke them in the face. Constantly. :thumbsdown:
DS#1 (R1) can't be next to a harnessed seat with the double buckles as he will constantly unbuckle the harnessed seat instead of his booster. :rolleyes:
We'll also be adding another kid to the mix come November/December.

So here's the low-down on placement right now... ^ indicates double buckles. Center seats are lap-belt only/no headrest.

D [] []
R2^R4 [] <---access to 3rd row
R1 []^R3

Come Nov/Dec we're looking at...

D [] []
R5 R4 R1 (R1 would be in a hbb)
R2 [] R3

R2 is in the Wizard, with the headrest all the way raised and is 43lb
R4 is RF in an Roundabout with maybe 2" of shell over his head and is 24lb
R1 is in a Parkway and is too tall for any harnessed seat other than the Regent/Frontier and is 45lb
R3 is in a Decathalon and is 35lb.

I'm open to moving kids around in seats that we currently own, and I'm also open to buying 1 new seat for SOMEone...

We also own, a Graco UltraCargo, Recaro Start, Graco AirBooster(x2) and an 86Y harness.

Talk about complicated...maybe we should make this one of the scenario's on the CPST training course. :p

Last edited:
ADS

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
Man...I musta stumped everyone...:whistle::p

Maybe Marvin has some better placement ideas for me.... ;-)

Last edited:

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
You certainly stumped me.

YOu wanna help me figure out where to put 2 Regents and an SS1 in my van.

LOL

If it were me, I'd put the 2 Regents on the back bench and the SS1 in a captain's chair and remove/stow the other captain's chair for extremely easy access...at least that's what we did when we did have a minivan.

If it's a full size van, I'd probably put the SS1 in the center of the 1st row, and then the 2 Regents on the bench behind it.

TerisBoys

She drives a Suburban. (At least she did in a different post where she couldn't get a Radian installed).

Hmmmm...Have you tried a buckle cover or pokey velcro on any of the 'double buckle' spots to make things a bit more do-able for R1? Even the old 'cut the toe off a sock and slip it over the buckle' trick would give him a sensory nudge saying "this isn't my buckle!"

Then provided seats fit, you could do:

D [] []
R4^R5 [] <---access to 3rd row
R2 R3^R1

And have an empty seat next to the new baby. Tho that would put him right in front of Miz Busyhands (duct tape for her maybe? JOKING)

ETA - what year is your 'burb? What positions do you have LATCH and/or tether anchors in?

strollerfreak

Senior Community Member
She drives a Suburban. (At least she did in a different post where she couldn't get a Radian installed).

Hmmmm...Have you tried a buckle cover or pokey velcro on any of the 'double buckle' spots to make things a bit more do-able for R1? Even the old 'cut the toe off a sock and slip it over the buckle' trick would give him a sensory nudge saying "this isn't my buckle!"

Then provided seats fit, you could do:

D [] []
R4^R5 [] <---access to 3rd row
R2 R3^R1

And have an empty seat next to the new baby. Tho that would put him right in front of Miz Busyhands (duct tape for her maybe? JOKING)

ETA - what year is your 'burb? What positions do you have LATCH and/or tether anchors in?

It's a 1999 so no LATCH, but I have TA's behind the 2nd row D/O, and 2nd row Center (Both of these are Ez-On HD TA's), and then for all 3 positions in the 3rd row (Factory, Retrofit by GM, Factory).

But as long as she's still harnessed she can't reach them in the row in front of her...Problem being with the third row is that it's so narrow that I'm having a hard time finding a combo that will work back there.

With R1 & R2 riding the bus to school, the only times they are in the vehicle anymore is for when we go out as a family (1x a week for dinner, and on the weekends) or when I have to take all of them with to a violin/soccer/football practice. Which is why I'm not *totally* against flopping a HBB in/out for R1 in that access position.

Oh and as for a sensory nudge for R1? Yeah, he'd need to get hit with a sensory sledge hammer...Mr. Hardheaded will just keep trying the same wrong thing over and over again...:rolleyes:

TerisBoys

Hmmm...

Still thinking.

I know we had a Breverra bpb, Cosco AO and Breverra bpb across my friend's 96-ish burb, so it isn't THAT narrow.

Give me some windshield time on the drive home to think :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC