Radian Typos

lil96

So I bought my Radian in USA, had it installed by a police officer, had the baby, used it for 5 wks moved, got a new seat...haven't used the radian until recently when I visited USA again.
I never noticed it before, but there were several typos on the stickers. Is that ok? I mean I get what they are saying, but I worry "geez if they can't use spell check, what sort of defetcs could there be in this thing?"

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
I actually emailed Russ about that a while ago (I'm an editor in my other life) -- just curious what the DOM of your seat is?

Last edited:

lil96

I only had a Radian a short while and didn't look too much at the stickers on the seat. What kinds of things were typed wrong?

Right now it is at my mil's house, but when I see it again, I'll look at it.

I *think* the DOM is 3/07. baby was born 10/07, so sometime before then :)

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Thanks. That's before I wrote to him. I had kind of forgotten about it, but now I'm curious and am going to find a newer DOM seat and read the stickers. :lol:

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm also an editor in my other life, and that would drive me nuts.

IIRC, the Combi Zeus had some typos on their labels. Or maybe the manual. Probably both.

I'm not overly concerned with typos. From a legal standpoint, it bothers me since it doesn't look good to have typos on a warning sticker. From a lay person standpoint, I've yet to read any instruction book or sticker where I've been impressed by the writing. I can understand if the company is foreign, but that still doesn't explain all the bad writing/grammar/spelling I've seen.

lil96

When I see the picture I think "Yes that is one thing I noticed" I mean "restrait" That is what the thing is! It is one thing if it were a random word, but the device is a restraint. Another thing I remeber being "wrong" (or maybe I am just picky) it one one the "release levers" also has a typo. (BTW what are those release levers? to release it from the original box?) It says somethng like "Do not use release levers after inst alation"

I think there is a 3rd also, but I can't remember off the top of my head what it is. I just remember thinking, "When I get home, I have to ask the people at car-seat.org"

I'm not overly concerned with typos. From a legal standpoint, it bothers me since it doesn't look good to have typos on a warning sticker. From a lay person standpoint, I've yet to read any instruction book or sticker where I've been impressed by the writing. I can understand if the company is foreign, but that still doesn't explain all the bad writing/grammar/spelling I've seen.
Isn't SK ultimately a UK company? (I think my seat says "Made in China" though)
Side note: Whenever I see foreign menus with English translations, I always think, "If they were to pay me 5 bucks I would look over this and correct it." I think it just looks so bad on the comany.

lil96

I remember another thing hothe first section is worded. It says something like "It should only be used rear facing for infants under 1 and under 20lbs." (I can't remember the exact wording) To me that means kids over 1 or 20lbs should be ffing.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Same here. Being a writer/editor has ruined me for reading other things. :p (Now, if I get a job writing or editing those manuals ... )
About a year ago Britax had a job opening for a manual editor. I seriously considered it, even though it's a 1.5 hour commute.

NannyMom

I remember another thing hothe first section is worded. It says something like "It should only be used rear facing for infants under 1 and under 20lbs." (I can't remember the exact wording) To me that means kids over 1 or 20lbs should be ffing.

I've seen that on other convertibles. If you keep reading (or read another sticker) it says it can be used RF to 35 (or whatever the number). I think they intend to say that it can only be RF, not FF at all until 1 and 20. But after 1 and 20 they have the option to FF. But I agree, they need to change their wording.

lil96

I've seen that on other convertibles. If you keep reading (or read another sticker) it says it can be used RF to 35 (or whatever the number). I think they intend to say that it can only be RF, not FF at all until 1 and 20. But after 1 and 20 they have the option to FF. But I agree, they need to change their wording.
yea, that is what i mean, I think they need to find a better way to word it.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
About a year ago Britax had a job opening for a manual editor. I seriously considered it, even though it's a 1.5 hour commute.

Oh, man, that would have been great. I bet you (or any of us ;)) could have telecommuted.

That wording throws people off a lot. I wonder if that wording is federally mandated, since it seems to be equally unclear on everything. (Not to suggest that the federal government is inept *cough*, just that it seems like some company would have used clearer wording by now if it could.)

Misty-Bug

I have a seat manufactured in 2007/07/02 it has the right spelling. But I also have a Canadian seat. Looks like the sticker is over top of an older one or something. I will have to check my newer seat. But I also noticed typos and such in my manual.

I think you are going to find it with any company.

lil96

The levers release the bolts that hold the seat bottom in place. You pull them to make the seat fold. :)

I thought the release levers were the little black straps on sort of the corners, kwim? but what you say makes sense :)

(so glad my everyday seat is so simple, no crazy labels, snaps right in, perfect fit every time, but that is a whole 'nother latch/isofix issue)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC