What is it about the Nautilus????

jb5416

My 6 y.o. son, who has been harnessed in a Radian for a couple of years, saw a Nautilus at BRU and absolutely had to sit in it. He has shown no interest in car seats in the past, none whatsoever. I plopped him down in it and he was over the moon. He asked for one on a daily basis for a week and I finally got him one this weekend. He love, love, LOVES it. It's funny, I was thinking of getting him a Frontier because his shoulders are just under the top slots on the Radian and I want to keep him harnessed. He showed no interest in the Frontier at all. Had to have a Nautilus.

A year or two ago I never would have bought a non-Britax convertible or combo seat. Now I have a kid in a Nautilus and one in a rf TrueFit, and cost is no object in our family when it comes to car seats. Britax had better stay on top of their game--there are a lot of other good players out there.
Jessie

ADS

HEVY

I think cause it looks like a racing car seat, maybe. Something out of the ordinary. Boyish.

bubbaray

My DD#1 loves the Nautilus (and she's definitely a girly girl). We go to "visit" it every time we're in Target in the US -- she's getting quite impatient waiting for it to make its way to Canada.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
My DN loves it. She calls it her "fancy" seat, which I think is hilarious since all of her other seats are Britax seats. :p:D

amy919

For Kaylie, it's the cubbies and cupholder and the fact that it looks like a booster, not a "baby seat". She begged me to swap it out for her Regent, which she initially loved until she got the Nautilus. This from a child who would NEVER ride in a seat with a boring cover. She was Britax spoiled. We decorated the GN for her, but honestly, she'd still choose a plain ugly one over any other seat any day of the week. I have no idea what it is, but as long as she is happily harnessed, it works for me.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
She begged me to swap it out for her Regent, which she initially loved until she got the Nautilus.

My DS did the exact same thing! I bought the Nautilus to replace the Parkway in our secondary car (he used to ride in it about once a month for 10minutes; school changes mean he rides in it 4x a week now).

The first time he rode in the Nautilus, he asked if we could switch it with the Regent that was in our primary car!

I don't know what it is, but he loves it. The cup holders? Rarely uses them. The junk holders, er, secret cubbyholes? Rarely uses them. Looks more like a regular booster? Never complained about that before, never got any peer pressure about it either.

Wineaux

Yeah, don't let them see a Jane Indy Plus, or you'll be in real trouble! Man, I wish that seat went from a 5-point HWH to a HBB, instead of just being a HBB only. That seat is just freaking COOL looking! I mean it really looks like a race car seat. Jane makes some really cool looking convertibles, but they are only available in Europe... :(

mish

My boys both love it. Adam has a Nautilus and Frontier and prefers the Nautilus hands down. It doesn't look like it would be as comfy but he swears it is.

Gena

My son loves his Nautilus too. Because of his autism, he often refuses things that are new and different. So when he outgrew hgis Evenflo Triumph, which he had been in since he was 9 weeks old, I was very nervous about how he would react to getting a new carseat. But DS loved the Nautilus the moment I took it out of the box. He was trying to sit in it before I had it completely assembled. Once it was all put together, he immediately called it his "big boy heavy boy car seat". I was amazed and thrilled that he accepted the seat so easily!

HEVY

We were at Target today and I was surprised they had a GN there on display. When I saw it and was like "wow" (already tried my DD in it elsewhere) my DD was like "Nooooo, momma don't make me try that seat" I guess she doesn't like it :shrug-shoulders:

MissAllyLou

I have a Meghan BLVD, a Cowmooflage MA, and a Red Racer Monarch in my truck, alongside the ugly gray Matrix Nautilus. Guess which seat EVERY child wants to sit in? The Nautilus. Why? I don't know. 6 year old Cath says it looks like a booster, so she feels grown up. 4.5 yr old Collin says it's a big boy racer seat. 3.5 year old Keegan says it's the funnest looking big boy seat ever. Why? I don't know. But they all fight over it every day!

christineka

My ds was in a booster for 6 months before I bought a radian. He complains about the harness and wants a booster seat. He loves the nautilus because it at least looks like a big kid booster seat. (His sisters were in boosters at ages 5 and 4.5.) He also loves the cup holder. His radian doesn't have that, but his sisters both have cupholders. Cupholder = big kid seat to him.

scootiemom

Besides the cool cupholder and cubbies, I think it is possible that kids like the seat so much because it isn't foofy and brightly colored and patterned. More like the look of a regular vehicle seat vs what they have been in for years which just makes them feel more grown up.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC