Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

child made to come out of rf CR on plane b/c legs were touching plane seat

Hi,

Can anyone point me to some information regarding flight policy as it relates to rf CR's in general. Friends of ours recently flew with their 2y/o in a SS1. Her feet extended past the end of the CR. Because of this, the FA forced the child out of her CR and into a seatbelt. Not withstanding she does surpass the 32" length limit, but she is well under 30lbs. My confusion lies in the FA stating her feet could not touch the plane seat. For example, my 11m/o who does not exceed the weight or length limit on the SS1 has long legs that hang over the edge. I'm sure you all see my point in this, so I won't blabber on.

Anyone have any relevent info on this, it's much appreciated.

And FWIW, the child in question is approx 34" in length, so not overly long. She does have 1" of hard seat shell above her head. She weighs approx 25lbs.

Thanks,

ETA: my thread title should read "feet touching plane seat"... (not "legs").
    dd1 - 8y6m, hbb PWSGL
    dd2 - 7y3m, hbb PWSGL
    dd3 - 4y3m, ff advocate/frontier xt

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads