**New to the site** marathon questions

love-pink

Hi everyone!! I'm tonya, mother of 3 and trying for #4. I'm new to the site and have a few questions:

#1 what's the differece between the marathon and the decathalon?? Besides the wings, are they the same shell?

#2 where can I find covers for my marathon? I would like to get something to spruce it up. I really don't like ebay and have looked all over the web but there just as expensive as ordering from britax.com.

#3 is there any place to find coupons or anything to get good dicounts on the seats? We have my son in a graco step 2 and its a fight to get him in there because he wants in his sisters marathon!

Thanks for all your help!!!
Here's my email tdub1@tmo.blackberry.net

ADS

ame0312

im pretty sure the only real difference between the ma & dc is the extra padding... (not 100% sure)... as for covers, there's a "swap" board on this site... heres the link...

http://car-seat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=16

theres usually covers (sometimes brand new) that people are trying to get rid of...
britax's online sale starts monday... so hold off a few more days & im sure there will be lots of threads with all the deals!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Decathlon doesn't have wings. The Boulevard does. The Decathlon has infant padding, a toddler pillow, no black LATCH bars, and a push button harness release rather than a lever. The harness and button have had some issues, but I haven't heard of them in a while. The biggest thing is probably that the Marathon has a 35 pound rear facing weight limit, but the Decathlon was never pushed to that higher limit. It still has a 33 pound limit.

The Boulevard, in case you were thinking of that, rather than the Decathlon, has a 35 pound limit, black LATCH bars, the lever release, all like the Marathon. It has the headwings that adjust up and down, along with the harness, at the turn of the knob. It also has infant padding.

As for the covers, Craigslist, Ebay, swap board (though you may need more posts to have access, I'm not positive, but don't freak if you can't), you just need to keep looking. Do not buy a custom one, Britax makes enough cute ones on their own, even if they like to charge an arm and a leg for them. :(

Wendy

love-pink

Thanks a lot for the info! My son hates his safe seat2 because its not a marathon like his big sisters. I didnt know which other britax to go with!
I'm trying to get him a marathon, but we just bought the safe seat about 3 weeks ago (maybe less).
I like the safe seat but its not like his sisters so he dosent want anything to do with it.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Wow, a SS2. Not too many of those running around.

How heavy is he, and how old?

A Marathon would be great. Give it a couple of days, they're about to go on sale. Last time the sale happened you could get them for $200 shipped.

Wendy

love-pink

His name is coby and he 2 1/2 and 31 lbs. Where do they go on sale at?? I would love to return the ss2 but can't find the dang reciept!! They (brus) might give me a store credit but that's it.
Ughh, the youngest just HAD to be picky lol

katiesmommy

The SS2 is a forward facing only seat that only goes to 40lbs. Since most other seats for the same price range rearface and have higher harness limits, the ss2 is generally not recommended.

fyi, the decathlon also has 3 crotch strap positions. Which did actually come in very handy for us when we moved our 10lb 6 month old to hers.

tweetykl

I loved the decathalon for my son when he was little but like the marathon better now that he is older, especially because I love the Cow print. He seems to have a little more room in the marathon. The decathalon was great when we bought it when he was 3 months and had out grown his snugride already.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC