Should I save the carseat boxes?

rosomom

In the last month, I've purchased a Snugride (online purchase), a Frontier (online purchase), and a TurboBooster (brick&mortar purchase). The boxes are sitting around taking up space because I'm not sure what I should do with them.

Do you generally trash the boxes the seats came in, or keep them in case you have to send something back? I'm most worried about the Frontier, only because of the recent issues with the harness coming off the yoke. But if they wanted me to send the entire seat in, they'd send me a new one first, right? Then I could just use THAT box to send my old seat back to them. Or am I wrong?

Thanks!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I keep them. And any stuffing that came in there. I've had to send seats back without getting anything from Britax first. But we keep most boxes. We have an empty box section in our attic. I can probably fit my two Radian boxes upright in my new Nautilus box.

Wendy

fyrfightermomma

I keep them in the off chance something happens with one of my seats and I need to send it back. I don't want to end up having to buy a box or wait for them to ship me one.

Also good for reselling seats :) No hunting for boxes.

i flaten them and lay them on the floor in my attic. in my old house in fl we had no attic or basement i flattened them and stored them under my bed. i don't keep any foam or anything that comes in them. chances are in they are broken or recalled i'm not too concerned about the seat moving in the box...and if i sell them or something where they need to be packed you can get styrofoam and bubble wrap for pretty cheap at a UHAUL or similar store

bobbysgirl7103

I'm the oddball and throw mine away. But I have literally NO storage space in my house. No basement, attic, or garage, and all the closets are already stuffed. Also I already have storage boxes stuffed under every bed in the house. Even the crib. I wish we could get a house with a basement. :(

rosomom

Thanks for the info, everyone.

I decided this morning to return the Frontier anyway, so I won't have that box to deal with anymore. :(

scoutingbear

*I* don't keep any boxes...my boys do though! Their new Nauti boxes are currently in the backyard covered with stickers, scrap paper, and crayon scribblings. They have smashed one of them in just the right way to make a slide and the other one to make a bed! (Come on sprinklers...just reach far enough to wet the boxes so I can throw them out!)

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I couldn't keep boxes if I tried. My kids all think that a carseat box is a free toy that comes with the carseat! We have had forts, space ships, battle tanks, castles... and when they start falling down, they cut them up and tape the pieces together with duct tape to make costumes! :D

defrost that is awesome your kids are just thinking of the environment...why not recycle those things. my efta box has become the house for my daughters barbies. she drew furniture and everything in there

Mommypooh

I have all my car seat boxes I use them for storage of like pillows blakets and other stuff.

Then if I ever have to send one back I have them to do with.

tjham

I have all my car seat boxes I use them for storage of like pillows, blankets and other stuff.

Then if I ever have to send one back I have them to do with.

Ooooh, that's a good idea!

I save the boxes (hadn't thought to flatten them :eek: ) but have never had to return a seat. I figure as soon as I get rid of the boxes, I'll need them! ;)
Of course, that is why my house is a pack rat's dream! :rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC