Does anyone want to see some pics....

Momof4Girls

Of 3 Regents installed (with and/or without kids in them) across one bench in my van?

Of a Wizard and 2 Shannon BLVDs across (RF), with and/or without kids in them? 2 of 3 are ERF, 1 is over 1, but under 20 (ages are 2.5, 14mos, and 2 y/o, weights are 24lbs, 18lbs, and ~27lbs)?

Raechel

DSC00062-1-1.jpg

DSC00066-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
ADS

TerisBoys

Looks like a Sprinter or some other BIG van :)

I think I could do 3 Regents in my middle row (Transport w/ modular buckets). Really don't wanna try though.

Momof4Girls

Yup, Dodge Sprinter, 2006 :D

I :love: it so very much!

We had gone to visit a friend in Miami for a wedding, and another friend of mine put her 3 kids in my van with my 4 kids, and that was what we wound up with!

In the Regents:

L-R
dd1-6 on Friday (36lbs, LBP), friend's ds1-7 next month (50lbs, SBP), dd2-4 (38lbs, LBP)

In the convertibles:
L-R
Dd3-2.5 (24lbs, ERF), Dd4-14mos (18lbs, RF), and friend's dd-2 (27-28lbs RF)

Her ds2 was in one of the seats in my 2-seat bench, also in a Regent, I believe 38lbs or so.

I had a ball playing with the seats in my car :D

Raechel

I so wish gas wasn't so high or I honestly would get one of these for daycare.....
WOW! 3-regents!!! i am in love with your van! Is that the one john and kate plus 8 have? I like that one too

Kabes

I don't know what you drive now but when we did the research we found that the Sprinter got slightly BETTER gas mileage than our Chrysler Town & Country. I asked actual drivers too.

Momof4Girls

Yes, J&K+8 drive a Sprinter as well, but a different model year.

We get 22-23mpg out of ours. I would not trade it for anything :)

Raechel

Dillipop

Does it have tether anchors? I was under the impression that the sprinter didn't and couldn't have them added. (Remember that 50 pounds+ the regent requires and anchor.)

I would so look into this van if I could be assured of a lot of anchors!

Chex

DH and I just went and checked out a new Sprinter. I'm not sure about the old ones, but the new ones have TA's. If I'm not mistaken, they're available for all seating positions. They're on the legs of the benches. There are also a bunch of LATCH anchors. I can't remember how many (we were looking at a 12 passenger van....2 benches of 3 seats, back seat has 4 seats). I think I remember, though, that the back row didn't have any LATCH anchors. Not sure why, kind of annoying. But there were quite a few besides that. I think each of the other 2 benches had 2 sets, so 4 LATCH spots total, I think. But they all have a lap/shoulder belt anyway, so you don't HAVE to use LATCH. I couldn't understand why they didnt just put LATCH in all 10 seats, but oh well.

What I'm curious about is this: If you have a RFing carseat on the middle bench, can you use the TA's on the front bench for the RFing tether?

spcamno

I like the Sprinter too and will get one if we have a big family but we are fine currently with the Odyssey.

However, just want to add in case some doesn't know that the Sprinter is turbo diesel and very fuel efficient actually it is made by Mercedes in their commercial division.:thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC