three across 3rd row in 07-08 Odyssey?

crunchierthanthou

Is it possible with two ff Britax and a Monterey?

I checked the 3 across thread but didn't see anything that matched.

Here are the kids/seats we are trying to squeeze in-

4 mo rf RA
2.5 ff BV (37 lbs)
3.5 ff MA (31 lbs)
5 Regent
8 Monterey

ADS

Chex

Is it the same width as the '05 Ody? If so, I doubt you'll be able to do it. I've had a heck of a time figuring out a 3-across situation back there. The only thing I've had work is FF Radian-Pkwy-Pkwy. I tried FF Radian-Pkwy-RF MA and couldn't get a good fit.

Do you have any other options? I've got a spare Pkwy not being used at the moment, if you need to borrow it. Although I'm not sure even it would work. The problem I've had is with the body of the Pkwy hitting the sides of the Britax seats. They don't seem to puzzle well together.

crunchierthanthou

I don't know if it's the same width as the 2005. it probably is, or at least close. thanks for the parkway offer, but I need to fit them tomorrow morning. it's an impromptu carpool for a last minute playdate.

There's also a FP booster and a Scenera we could throw in the mix if those would fit any better.

I wonder if booster, rf RA, ff MA would work...

Do any boosters fit on the second row plus 1 seat?

AlmostFive

The FP booster at it's narrowest setting fits perfectly in the +1 seat.

I'm interested to see if you can work something with the Scenera. I would love to have some 3 across options in my 3rd row. I can't justify buying a radian just to play with but I could probably justify a Scenera!

Chex

So now you have to tell us what happened. Were you able to get something to work?

And AlmostFive, it may or may not be worth getting a Radian for your 3rd row (if you have an Odyssey). They work FF (with a ton of effort), but I haven't been able to get a good install in any of the positions RF, with a seatbelt or with LATCH.

Kat_Momof3

Is it possible with two ff Britax and a Monterey?

I checked the 3 across thread but didn't see anything that matched.

Here are the kids/seats we are trying to squeeze in-

4 mo rf RA
2.5 ff BV (37 lbs)
3.5 ff MA (31 lbs)
5 Regent
8 Monterey

If the 8yr old fits the FPSVB, I'd put that between the two big britaxes in the third row

then, I'd put the Regent and the RA in the 2nd row.(put the RA in the middle, and you should have room for an adult in the other captain's chair... if they are slender)

if the 8yr old is too big for the FPSVB, I'd put the 5yr old in that between the big britaxes and put the 8yr old in the Monterey next to the RF RA in the 2nd row.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
In my '06 Odyssey you cannot fit 3 accross with a Britax seat. I've had 2 ff Marathons in the back and nothing fits inbetween them. You really can barely fit a small adult in between the seats. You have a better chance fitting 3 across the 2nd row if you have the plus 1 seat. I have fit 2 ff marathons and a snugride in the 2nd row.

I would put the Regent and one of the MA/BV in the 3rd row. See if you can get the Monterey in the plus one and put the ff MA in one captains chair and the rf RA in the other. I think that is your best bet.

The 3rd row is VERY narrow. The only combo I have seen work back there is with Radians. There is a mom on bbc that has a bunch of Radians and she has fit 3 Radians across or 2 Radians and FP booster. Nothing works 3 across in the 3rd row when you involve a big Britax seat.

bubbaray

2007 Ody is definitely the same width as the 2005. I'm pretty sure the '08 is as well. I think the changes in the newest Ody's are cosmetic and don't change the seats, etc.. The only major differences in the 2005 and new Odys is that the 2005 only has 1 TT in the 3rd row (across the cargo area) and the 2006 and newer have 3 TTs (on the back of the seat).

AlmostFive

And AlmostFive, it may or may not be worth getting a Radian for your 3rd row (if you have an Odyssey). They work FF (with a ton of effort), but I haven't been able to get a good install in any of the positions RF, with a seatbelt or with LATCH.

Thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind. I'm really itching to get my hands on one to play with. I think I may have talked my SIL into buying one though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchierthanthou
even between a Regent and rf RA?

That, I don't know about. I had the FP booster in the +1 seat between a nautilus and a SS1 with plenty of room to spare.

AlmostFive

I don't want to hijack the thread but does anyone know if a Turbobooster, a FP booster and a parkway will fit in the 3rd row of an '07 Odyssey?

i was able to get a rf ma, nautilus and recaro vivo in the third row earlier this week. it was a royal pita....and i didn't even get a picture. it wasn't an ideal install. the ma had about 3/4 inch movement and so did the nautilus but it was an emergency and i was limited on what to work with. had to get 6 kiddos and a 13 yr old in the van with me. i had a chase, ff ma and turbobooster in the 2nd row.
never again...how do people with lots of kids do it....i had a major headache between the car seat installs and then all the nonsense talking coming from all the kids.

crunchierthanthou

:thumbsup:

it was ff BV, backless FP booster, ff MA. It was a little difficult to buckle the booster, but the 8 yo is super skinny and fit fine between Britax seats.

She left the +1 out and I didn't try the Scenera. sorry to those who were wondering about other configurations.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC