AAARRRHHHHHH In Laws!

My eldest son only started back at school today and has been getting looked after on the days that I am at work by my husbands mum. Well, yesterday, she was out playing golf in the afternoon so son had to go to my sister in laws..... MIL left his car seat for her to use. When they went out late afternoon to pick up her daughter from somewhere she put seat in car, harnessed son in and then tried to put seatbelt over him to strap the car seat in.................. m son kept protesting it was supposed to go behind him somewhere but she kept saying it was right as per the pictures on the side of the seat.
Later last night when my son got home and he was telling me - he was like 'mummy that isn't safe is it?'
I know some car seats are slightly more complicated than others - but this is a recaro young sport with lock offs - not difficult.
AAAAARRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ADS

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
They must have been looking at the instructions for use as a booster rather than as a harnessed seat.

Susan

Citrine

I am proud of your son for knowing what she did was not right:) I am sure if he could have, he would have installed it. Grandma should listen to her grandson when it comes to his car seat, since he knows how to use it more then she does.

Olivia 4.26.04 37lb 44in Regant,GN
Makayle 9.16.06 25lb 33in RF Wizard

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Can you show him which picture on the seat shows how it SHOULD be installed. That way he can show a future caregiver.

Susan

Kat_Momof3

oh boy, that is frustrating.

At least she was TRYING... she was looking at the stickers to get info and such.

is the manual on the seat? I'd have him know where it is so he can tell her where to look... and then have the pages folded to mark them for the pertinent sections.

the manual is in pocket behind seat. I am going to give my son some lessons to point people in the right direction should same situation arise again. Hopefully never.

scoutingbear

I had a similiar situation when a friend of A's picked him up from preschool. I left his Radian (I know, not the easiest to install but dh had already left with the Nauti and A's shoulder's are too wide for his brother's MA). I confirmed with the mom she would be comfortable installing the seat and she has a newer car so I know that she had LATCH. Anyway, when she dropped him off at my work she said she couldn't figure out how to install the seat so she just had him buckle in and then put the seatbelt across him like [her son] booster. :eek: We now have a turbo just for those occassions and A is very good at making sure he is in the red.

Kat_Momof3

see, and I don't get what's hard to understand about how to install the Radian... surely she's used a convertible seat before... and it shows on the stickers... and the manual is ATTACHED.

Edited to add - though I do get how the installation can be hard... just saying the basics of thread belt, buckle, tighten isn't hard.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC