True Fit short harness issue

ADS

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I did not realize there was a problem I must have missed that one or forgot about it. Can you link me to a thread or tell me about it.

melniemi

I remember some people posting that older, bigger kids could barely fit in the harness. Dana is one I remember putting Emily in it and the harness was all the way out - no adjuster strap left. She was still below the top slots, but barely fit. I thought some people had emailed learning curve to find out if a longer harness would be available to replace the original.

Maybe I am remembering wrong?

I did multiple searches and came up empty.:confused:
Found one:http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=44281&highlight=True+Fit+pics

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I recall Dana complaining about it, but I've had no problems. I actually shortened the harness for dd to the shorter loops so that the splitter plate wasn't sitting right on the "bend" of the bottom of the shell. She's using position 4 ff'ing and when she's buckled in there's a good 7" tail of harness adjuster strap remaining.

I honestly don't think it's an issue. Granted my dd is slender, but she has plenty of room on the shorter set of loops even using the top harness position.

I know I've seen some pic's of older kids in the seat who are basically at the height limit and haven't read any complaints on those threads, so I think the complaint was more isolated than a widespread problem. :thumbsup:

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I do recall that now. I do not know what happened. I am still waiting on my Monet replacement cover for the past 4 months. One of my snaps came out of the cover when I had to take the cover off. Tamara keeps telling me it will be soon. It was originally supposed to be one month. I do not have a lot of faith in them at this point.

melniemi

Thanks! My sil just ordered this seat so I wanted to make sure everything was okay with it. Her dd is chunky but is only 11 months so will likely thin out as she grows.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC