What is your favorite Mei Tai or SSC?

ADS

cpsaddict

My friend just got a Beco Butterfly and she loves it. She can carry her 30lb 21mth old for a long time and she's 28wks pregnant.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Mei Tai - babyhawk

SSC - Beco

I also had a Kozycarrier (mt) and like it. But, my ds and I prefered the babyhawk b/c he was smaller and it was smaller. I liked the shorter body style when he was younger.

We had a patapum before our beco and I loved it as well. But, the Beco is so beautiful and has a few features that I liked. I don't like the butterfly, although I've never tried one, but love the 4th gen. I wonder if you can just not use the insert thing on the butterfly. I like the Beco b/c when we started using it ds was a little older so the taller body of the Beco was a benefit and we love it. By the time he was 2 the Patapum (baby version) was getting too short.

Ohhhh to have a little one I could carry around again.

InTheWoods

We had a Kozy and really liked it. My workhorse carrier. Great all around and I could fold it up small enough to put it in my diaper bag. It had a pocket, too, handy for my keys and wallet, could even fit a sippy cup in there.

When DD got bigger/heavier, I switched to a dot e dot (from Norway) -- thicker and more padded straps gave me more comfort.

For back carries, I preferred an Ergo.

hsjwmom

I love carrying dd on my back in my Ergo. Most days, that's the only way she naps. I've never tried a Mei Tai or any other SSC.

Synchro246

:eek: The one I made myself :eek:. . .though I am thinking of making a second that's a little shorter in the body since my toddler is 15 months now.

skipspin

I love my Butterfly, but I havn't tried a 4th generation Beco, which I honestly think I would like better since I was used to my wahm MT. DS just got to heavy for the MT for long periods of time at 22ish lbs. I just have to have the Ethan pattern for, um, sentimental purposes. It is SO comfortable. DH and I have both work it for several hours at a time hiking.

I also ended up with an Angelpack MT for really cheap and it's very supportive, but I haven't used it enough to honestly compare it with the BB. Now that I'm starting to not mind something touching my tummy I will probably start wearing DS again. We've both missed it- but it was making me throw up and that was worse than not wearing him since he walks so much anyway.

Chex

I LOVE my 4th Gen Beco. I haven't tried a Butterfly, but I'm tempted by the new Butterfly 2. It looks like a cross between the butterfly and the 4G. Using the "seat" is apparently optional. I like the Becos because of their higher body. My kids are so tall, I feel like they're falling out of the Ergos. I even tried the Toddler Patapum and the body panel didn't come up as high on that as on my Beco, so I sold it to my friend w/shorter babies.:)

If you're still wanting to wear Kira on your front, then I'd probably stick with a mei tai. The only one I've ever tried is a Sachi. And I like it fine. I just don't do front carries anymore. I do like how you can get them just the way you want them w/a mei tai, though. I didn't find my Beco very comfy for a front carry, but it's perfect for a back carry.

Melanie

I use an Ergo for my 22 lb DD. I've carried her on my back many places and have never had any back soreness. It is the first good SSC I've had. I like that once you get the straps adjusted you don't have to mess with them anymore. After a couple of practice runs on the bed, I can get her onto my back by myself easily.

This site has a 90 day return policy: www.myfavoritebabycarrier.com

katiesmommy

I've had an ergo, toddler patapum, mei tai, new native, and mei hip. By far my favorite is my mei tai, made by cuppiecakecarriers on diaperswappers. It's the most comfortable thing to carry, and starting at $35 you can't go wrong.

BudgieStew

I have owned a few SSC and MT :eek: but prefer my Patapum over them all.

I carried DS the other day for almost an hour in the Patapum and only felt it when I squatted and then tried to to stand up. He is four and half years old and weighs 36 lbs....

Momof4Girls

I have a Baby Hawk that I LOVE. My 14-mos 18lbs is quite comfy in it, and I think the Toddler Hawk would be too tall for her to be comfy in it...might work well for yours, though.

bubbaray

For ease of use, definitely my Ergo. I had a Beco (love the Carnival print), but the Ergo fit me better, so I sold the Beco.

I have a BHMT, CuddlyWrap, Hotsling. None of those get used -- too complicated for me.

I love my Ergo!

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
OK, so it's over 2 months later, and I'm really ready to buy now. My budget is < $90. I think I've narrowed it down to the BabyHawk, the Kozy Carrier, and the Freehand Mei Tai. They're all in my price range, and they all have features I like. Any final words of wisdom before I place my order?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC