Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

I need booster recommendations

I have my 6 year old in a Regent and the GN but need a booster for field trips. What would you recommend considering someone else will be using it and I won't be there to make sure they use it properly. I was leaning toward the Vivo or Compass 510, but what would you all recommend?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: I need booster recommendations

For field trips, we chose a parkway because:
    * it adjusts very tall (21" belt guide) to allow my child to use it for a long time
    * it is lightweight so my child can easily carry it
    * it is narrow so it will easily fit in tight seating positions on the school van (15 passenger van which I am sure they use every seatbelt so it is cramped - hate that some kids are using lap belts only (note: those lap belt kids are not in boosters)).
    * it doesn't have armrests so they are less likely to misuse it
    Katy

CPS Technician

I'd look at a Jane Indy Plus with Rigid LATCH. It's pretty hard to screw up a Rigid LATCH install, plus the Rigid LATCH in the Indy Plus has been shown in crash tests to greatly improve Side Impact Protection. You can find some really great deals on the Indy Plus out there right now at Baby Supermarket.

Here's a Google Shopping Link that has the three colors available. These links work, but I was having a hard time finding the seats directly on Baby Supermarket's Website.

http://www.google.com/products?q=jan...&lnk=storesugg
    Ian James - 3.5 Years
    FF Learning Curve Truefit and FF Britax RA

Quote Originally Posted by Wineaux View Post
    I'd look at a Jane Indy Plus with Rigid LATCH. It's pretty hard to screw up a Rigid LATCH install, plus the Rigid LATCH in the Indy Plus has been shown in crash tests to greatly improve Side Impact Protection. You can find some really great deals on the Indy Plus out there right now at Baby Supermarket.

Here's a Google Shopping Link that has the three colors available. These links work, but I was having a hard time finding the seats directly on Baby Supermarket's Website.

http://www.google.com/products?q=jan...&lnk=storesugg
    It looks like the rigid latch would be difficult to install...is it not? We have a Volvo and a Honda Pilot both with pretty deep latch connectors and it just seems like it would be difficult to LATCH. Can you use it without LATCH if any of the vehicles on field trips don't have LATCH?