Ooops she did it again! Brit risks her babies life again!

ADS

super_grape

"Now he's safe"

OMG!!! He's practically doubled over!
Does this woman have absolutely no common sense?!
There's just so many things wrong with that picture...
and would it kill her to put the top up so the poor baby
could have a little shade.

I'm so sad for this baby right now:( ...

shellebelle

Senior Community Member
Can't wait for it to begin all over again with the baby's poor sibling on the way...

What a complete idiot. Just continues to prove that it doesn't take brains to reproduce.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Another inexcusable carseat faux pas, how sad for her baby. I know the Mini Cooper has a cramped back seat but there are seats that will fit RF. There are entries in the carseat compatibility database for a RF Britax Wizard and a Graco SafeSeat 1 infant seat fitting in the Mini Cooper's rear passenger side seat with the front passenger seat moved up. Her darling baby would be so badly hurt and possibly ejected in a crash with such loose harness straps. What would she do with baby #2 in the Mini? Put one of her children in the front seat?? And it's not as though she doesn't have other cars to drive.

Kellyr2

Anyone else notice that he's not just flopped over - it looks like the shoulder harness is actually going under the armpit. You can see his shoulder, but nothing going over it. It could be, can't tell for sure.

Is that a MA? Or RA? Looks like a Britax anyway. Too bad she gets a great seat and can't manage to use it properly.

Splash

Just one question... why is he in a seat at all? Wouldn't it be better for him to be playing on the floor in the front?

Michi

Ugh, poor baby! ....Time for Social Services to pay her another call I think!....Or the police.

griffinmom

Moderator - CPST Instructor
After the last fiasco, I can't believe "her people" would let her make such egregrious mistakes again! Either that or she is the stupidest mother on the face of the earth.

Ugh. That poor child.

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
It seems to me after all the crap that she got for the last time she'd hire a tech on her person staff with all the cars she has it might be easier (and cheaper than buying a seat for every one) If i didnt despise her so much i'd apply for the job but i think i'd have a hard time not strangling her.

I assume you all heard his high chair incident wasnt his first fall. Apparently her body guards have seen him fall off her bed twice. This is someone who should be a candidate for non elective sterilization.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Dreaming_of_Speed said:
I assume you all heard his high chair incident wasnt his first fall. Apparently her body guards have seen him fall off her bed twice. This is someone who should be a candidate for non elective sterilization.

Ouch. I definitely think Britney is pretty low when it comes to parenting standards (ie, she doesn't seem to have any), but my child has fallen out of bed probably a dozen times in her life, at least twice or three times by the time she was Brit's kid's age (she was in bed with us from birth, so our bed was on the floor and she landed on carpeting, though she has fallen out since it's been put back up) and she's fallen from her high chair so badly she sustained a mild concussion. She's also fallen out of a second story window onto the deck below while I read a magazine in the room and as a result she has epilepsy now. I guess I should watch out for the sterilzation police?

I think what make Britney's actions so terrible is that they're caught on tape. I'm sure there are a few people here who have pictures of their babies slumped over in their carseats, back in the days Before They Knew Better. I know I do (though she can honestly get her nose to her chest with the clip at her nipples, the flexible noodle). There may even be someone here who Before They Knew Better they put their child forward facing too soon. There's at least one person here who's had their child fall out of a high chair, and that same person's had her child fall out of the bed too. How many of us have locked our kids in the car (both me and my husband), walked away from them for a second and found them climbing in the grocery cart, put their shoes on backwards, forgotten a jacket on a snowy day, all those mistakes that are a normal part of parenting? There's always someone who says sterilzation is the answer. Well, because the cameras aren't on them all the time I'm sure we don't see their mistakes (and I'm sure they have them, everyone does). Britney is an ignorant mother, I don't agree with a lot of the stupid things she does. If she went into parenting with half the ambition that she went into her singing career way back when then she'd be a kick ass parent, but she just seems to swing it, and swing it poorly. But I would never say she needs to be sterilized. Educated, yes. Sterilized? Not my right or choice to say who has kids and who doesn't.

Wendy

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Kellyr2 said:
Anyone else notice that he's not just flopped over - it looks like the shoulder harness is actually going under the armpit. You can see his shoulder, but nothing going over it. It could be, can't tell for sure.

Is that a MA? Or RA? Looks like a Britax anyway. Too bad she gets a great seat and can't manage to use it properly.

I think the strap is over his shoulder, just so loose that he pulled it with him. You can kind of see the black of the chest strap and can see that the shoulder strap is up and over his shoulder.

I think it's a marathon. Nice seat, cute car, cute kid. Stupid mom. Too bad that last is the real kink in the equation.

Wendy

tjham

I read a few of the posts on that thread. Almost all of them say "Oh, how cute" "He's sleeping so cute." etc. So sad that all those people now think what's shes doing is fine!

beebear23

Senior Community Member
wendytthomas said:
Ouch. I definitely think Britney is pretty low when it comes to parenting standards (ie, she doesn't seem to have any), but my child has fallen out of bed probably a dozen times in her life, at least twice or three times by the time she was Brit's kid's age (she was in bed with us from birth, so our bed was on the floor and she landed on carpeting, though she has fallen out since it's been put back up) and she's fallen from her high chair so badly she sustained a mild concussion. She's also fallen out of a second story window onto the deck below while I read a magazine in the room and as a result she has epilepsy now. I guess I should watch out for the sterilzation police?

I think what make Britney's actions so terrible is that they're caught on tape. I'm sure there are a few people here who have pictures of their babies slumped over in their carseats, back in the days Before They Knew Better. I know I do (though she can honestly get her nose to her chest with the clip at her nipples, the flexible noodle). There may even be someone here who Before They Knew Better they put their child forward facing too soon. There's at least one person here who's had their child fall out of a high chair, and that same person's had her child fall out of the bed too. How many of us have locked our kids in the car (both me and my husband), walked away from them for a second and found them climbing in the grocery cart, put their shoes on backwards, forgotten a jacket on a snowy day, all those mistakes that are a normal part of parenting? There's always someone who says sterilzation is the answer. Well, because the cameras aren't on them all the time I'm sure we don't see their mistakes (and I'm sure they have them, everyone does). Britney is an ignorant mother, I don't agree with a lot of the stupid things she does. If she went into parenting with half the ambition that she went into her singing career way back when then she'd be a kick ass parent, but she just seems to swing it, and swing it poorly. But I would never say she needs to be sterilized. Educated, yes. Sterilized? Not my right or choice to say who has kids and who doesn't.

Wendy

I agree w/Wendy.... She may not be the smartest woman on earth(which is obvious from who she married and the choices she makes w/her childs life), but good grief.. She needs education, not sterilization. My DS has fallen off the bed, fallen off a kitchen chair. Heck, just Sat. he got road rash from climbing out of his cousins little Barbie Jeep while she was still driving it! Things happen.. Now, the car seat stuff, yeah, that is just pathetic.. Anyone can get correct information and learn how to use a car seat correctly. There is no excuse for that. But really, who's kids *haven't* fallen off a bed or something like that accidently, at least once???
Thos of us who really DO have kids, know that accidents happen all the time.

aimeeloren

Anyone here driven in the back of a convertible?? It is windy back there! Not exactly a great car to be driving with a small child in the back seat.

In this day and age there is so much info out there I don't see why she wouldn't make sure she found out the proper way to use her kid's car seat. She also has enough money to hire someone who is COMPETENT and can help her take care of her baby. She has nothing but money and time if only she used it wisely. She is obviously not concerned with the safety of her child if she can't take the time to learn about how to use a car seat properly.

And just think.... we all get to hear this crap again when she pops out her next kid! :eek:

Kellyr2

Falling off the bed happens. From what I read, the high chair accident wasn't even when Britney was in the room - there was a babysitter or nanny or someone else there. I've known lots of people who've had kids fall out of the high chair. Accidents happen. Totally understandable. I just wish she'd learn some basics about carseats!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I agree, even with extremely attentive parents, kids can get into an accident in the blink of an eye. Britney's carseat misuse is an accident waiting to happen though and she could be doing so much more to keep her baby safe in the car.

griffinmom

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Non elective sterilization? I think that's going a little too far. My DS fell off the couch and off the bed. Things happen. But she could learn about car seat safety.

The thing to remember about Britney is that she is constantly photographed. She does stupid car seat things and that is unfortunate, because she could be educated about child seats. But she is only the tip of the iceberg. Why do you think misuse rates are so high? I see horrendous misuse every day in parents' cars. The problem is no one photographs these people. They don't make the news, yet they are making the same errors she did. Her errors are awful, but they aren't really worse than those made by the general public.

I wish someone could convince her to do a PSA for care seat safety. Apparently people do listen to her and she could really do a lot to promote Child Passenger Safety.

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
Ok i was just joking. I'm extremely prochoice, i would never refuse anyone their right to breed (or not to breed) but this girl needs some help! She did an interview shortly after the first incident that she said she was glad it brought attention to CPS, now she's doing things wrong again. doesnt she know some girl is going to see these photos and think this is ok! If she wants to bring attention to CPS maybe she should get certified or at least do her seats right!

I must be strange b/c i never let a child old enough to roll off something on to a high surface. We put guard rails on my bed when i was on bed rest so i could cuddle Ryan in bed but i never took my hands off her when she was with me. When i was a nanny for DN i baby proofed the whole house the day he learned to crawl. And i must have gotten lucky with my high chairs (i'm on my third and finally found one i like) b/c we've never had an accident.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC