Graco safe seat and the New Sung ride 32

kmcenery

I have seen talk about the new sung ride 32 does this mean they are no longer going to sell safe seats. Im thinking I should buy a new cover now instead of when we have the next baby. Im thinking of getting Deco for it but was hoping to see if they came out with any new ones.

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The Safe Seat line is being discontinued. The Safe Seat Step 1 is now called the SnugRide 32. It's the same seat. I would think that covers would fit between them, but no guarantee in case they made minor changes.

http://www.carseatblog.com

kmcenery

Thank you for the help. If they are not the same I will just buy a used seat with a cover I want and take the cover and get rid of the car seat. I do hope they are the same and they come out with some cute covers

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
So I think I'm a little slow. Darren or Heather can you confirm. The SS1 is basically going to become the Snugride 32. So there will be a snugride (the same old snugride) and the Snugride 32 (which is basically what we know as the SS1). Right?

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
It will be interesting to see how many toddlers can still fit the Snugride 32 heightwise by age 2 or 3, especially if it has the same shell height as the SS1 (not sure about the shell height, I'm just wondering about it). My DD2 was too tall for her SS1 at just under a year old and approx. 21/22 lbs. It really depends on the child's height and torso proportions.

my2kidsSafe

Not that i would do this, but as it looks like the same seat. Does anyone know if they retested the current safeseat to a higher weight or changed it a bit. Not like it really matters to me as my son outgrew his safeseat by height before weight.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Tucker at 2.5 yo just reached the height limits for the SS1. She is small for her age though and all legs.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
It will be interesting to see how many toddlers can still fit the Snugride 32 heightwise by age 2 or 3, especially if it has the same shell height as the SS1 (not sure about the shell height, I'm just wondering about it). My DD2 was too tall for her SS1 at just under a year old and approx. 21/22 lbs. It really depends on the child's height and torso proportions.

I think it'll just be the Teutonia w/ a Graco name. We'll never need the 32# limit so that's pointless, I just like the height.

fyrfightermomma

I have the weird kids. My 3 year old still fits by height and weight :) and so does my large 17 month old (95% weight, 98% height)

However, I can't imagine keeping a kid in it past about 18 months. I know you can get it more upright, but it's still pretty reclined and low. I just can't imagine my 3 year old (or 1 1/2 year old) being happy in it as it's so different than a convertible.

How cool would it be though to have a sunshade that long RFing though? That's my biggest pet peeve with older RFing kids. They scream about the sun no matter what shades I've bought or tried. They just hate it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC