Got our Parkway!

scatterbunny

It came yesterday. :) H is thrilled, she loves the color, and the deep wings. It came while she was in school, and without trying her in it, I wasn't thrilled, and didn't know if it would work. In my Focus, the shoulderbelts are mounted in the rear window deck, which is very low compared to an adult's shoulder (or a bigger kid in a booster). It has to route up to reach the booster belt guides. But, after using it with dd a couple times, I think it'll work. :thumbsup:

I'm happy we have a TALL booster with good SIP again.

Side-by-side pic: Graco TurboBooster, Fisher Price Safe Voyage booster, Britax Parkway, on all highest settings.

I took a TON of pics, including three-across in my Focus with all boosters (no harnesses), but I'll post those later.

Last edited:
ADS

scatterbunny

Oh, she's definitely happy. :p It tipped a little on the way to school, hopefully that doesn't drive us crazy.

She likes it so much that she insisted on bringing it in the house to sit in while watching TV last night. :p

Last edited:

melniemi

That is a pretty color:love: I love it. I let my boys pick out their colors so we have an orange and a red. Luckily I don't mind bright:D The red one is sitting inside waiting for a quick trip in dad's truck or a major growth spurt!

Morganthe

It tipped a little on the way to school, hopefully that doesn't drive us crazy.
Would it be really such a bad thing to place thin towels on either side of the hump just to stop the tippage? :scratcheshead: It's not like there's any level contact between car & the outer side of the booster edges anyway.
:whistle:

:duck:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Ok, that's it. I can drive to you. I need to bring Tyler, and we need to have a booster party.

scatterbunny

ohh. I love the color. but man, that seat is tall!. I guess thats good for a booster huh.
I'm glad she likes it.:)

It's the tallest dedicated booster I know of, aside from maybe the Jane Indy Plus. It's about the same height as the Recaro Vivo. We don't have headrests in my Focus, so I need a tall highback booster for as long as possible.

Would it be really such a bad thing to place thin towels on either side of the hump just to stop the tippage? :scratcheshead: It's not like there's any level contact between car & the outer side of the booster edges anyway.

That would be fine IMO, it wouldn't interfere with the belt or booster function in any way that I can see.

Ok, that's it. I can drive to you. I need to bring Tyler, and we need to have a booster party.

Woohoo, booster party! :D We just need an Oobr and Indy Plus in the mix, and we'd be SET!

is she on the tallest setting already? Not sure, but it kind of looks like it.

Nope, she still has a lot of room yet. :) I'll snap a pic when we go out the door for school this morning of the Parkway on the highest setting, with H in it, to show the growing room. :thumbsup:

bobbysgirl7103

I'm glad you guys love it. :D My DS loves the one we got him a few weeks ago. He says it's really comfy. I love how tall they are. My DSS who has outgrown the back on the HB Turbo booster still fits in the Parkway. So he uses it part of the time too. :thumbsup:

scatterbunny

How tall is Tyler, again? Does he have any room left in a Regent installed with recline bar? I'm thinking he's a bit taller in the torso than H.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
54", 19.75" torso height. I gotta measure the DBKs again. With recline bar, I am sure he would have outgrown the regent. I am not even taking the pre-adv regent out of the truck. He fits in there, but with the slant of the seat in the Malibu, I know he won't fit.

Her is Tyler, in the Malibu, tallest setting on the start. See the slant of the seat?

000_0007Large.jpg

scatterbunny

54", 19.75" torso height. I gotta measure the DBKs again. With recline bar, I am sure he would have outgrown the regent. I am not even taking the pre-adv regent out of the truck. He fits in there, but with the slant of the seat in the Malibu, I know he won't fit.

So he's 1.5 inches taller than H, and his torso is about an inch taller.

And WOW, those are some slanted seats!

I'm impressed you can fit the Start outboard on the highest setting in the Malibu. It hit the roof in my Focus. :(

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I can't get a finger between the roof(side) and the booster. When he outgrows that, I an thinking 86Y, center?

family5oregon

[/QUOTE]Woohoo, booster party! :D We just need an Oobr and Indy Plus in the mix, and we'd be SET![/QUOTE]

:happy-wavehello:, We have decided to save up for the Indy. Hope we get in within the next month. :thumbsup: Let you know. Then we might try the Monterey.

scatterbunny

I'm pretty sure an Indy Plus is in our future; ever since I told dh that the IP's shoulderbelt guides are an inch taller than the Parkway and Vivo (thus making it the tallest dedicated highback booster available, AFAIK), and that it's got rigid LATCH, he agrees it should be our next booster purchase. As of now, the Parkway is dd's primary seat, with a Starriser Comfy as a backup. She can barely fit the Fisher Price Safe Voyage booster, and since the Starriser Comfy is essentially the same (only taller), we don't use the FPSV booster at all. I still keep it around just in case I ever need to transport two other booster-age kids, but that hasn't happened yet. I also still have the Bodyguard, but the lockoffs are hard to deal with in the Focus, next to another seat.

Here's the pics of H in the Parkway, first is on the setting she uses, and the second is on the highest setting. There's one "click" between the setting she's using now, and the highest. The third picture is in (gasp) just the seatbelt (in the middle of a 2003 Ford Focus). Eek, I almost panic just looking at that pic. :p

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC