Question trying to find a GREAT car seat...

Brycemom07

HELP!!! :confused:
I am searching for a new car seat for my little guy who is about to turn 1 next month. He is growing out of his Graco safeseat now and I am in need of a newer seat. I have been looking around everywhere at different convertible car seats. Can anyone suggest a great car seat???? I am looking at some of the Evenflo trumphs.

any advice would be great!!! thanks!:D

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi there. The Evenflo Triumph Advance is a great seat. The differences in price are basically padding and cover colors until you get to the most expensive, then you get the great alligator style LATCH connectors.

How heavy is your baby? How is he outgrowing the Safeseat? Also, what is your budget, and what car will it be going in? Do you have other kids? The EFTA is a great seat, but very wide, so if you have two others back there we wouldn't recommend it probably.

Wendy

mish

The Evenflo Triumph Advance is a great seat. A lot of people like it, but a few don't. Some children are bothered by the red tabs rubbing their neck, but not all of them are. Also, when using the seat rear facing, the knobs can be kind of hard to turn. I would recommend trying it in your vehicle at Babies R Us or somewhere else that lets them take you to your car.

What is your budget? There are other seats that we can recommend. It is also helpful to know what vehicle you drive. Some seats do not fit well in some cars.

Kat_Momof3

the EFTA is an awesome seat!

Do try your child in it to be sure how you feel about the red tabs and knob adjusters... I love both, but some hate one or both.

Another seat in the same price range to consider is the Learning Curve Truefit.

Brycemom07

My child is 18 pounds and some ounces but he is tall for his age. the Safe Seat that we have now is too snug for him and very uncomfortable. So we need a seat that can go rear and forward facing. We originally started looking at convertible seats that go up to 100 lbs, but then decided to try looking at ones that only go up to 50 lbs or so. We really dont have a budget, but we arent looking to spend over $200. He is an only child and we drive a 2007 Hyuandi Santa Fe suv.
we are getting ready to make a family trip to the beach, so we are looking to buy something this weekend! Please help!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
There are no seats that harness to 100 pounds. Avoid the three in ones. The new ones have a 50 pound harness limit and tall slots, but most of them still have low top slots, a 40 pound harness limit, and are a PITB to install.

The weight is less important than the top slots. Most 17" top slot seats are outgrown around 50-55 pounds. So if it's a 50 pound seat versus a 70 pound seat you'll still get 17" of torso out of it. Don't go below 50 pounds, but the EFTA with the 50 pound harness will last longer in the torso than a 65 pound Marathon.

Under $200 definitely the EFTA and the True Fit. As for which one, it's up to you. They're both awesome.

Wendy

melniemi

I vote for the TrueFit. If you create an account at learningcurve.com, you can login and purchase a True Fit. When you are checking out, use coupon LCSHOP25 for 25% off. My sil just got one that way for $162 shipped. You probably won't have it by this weekend if you do it that way, though. Many Targets are carrying it instore as are specialty baby shops.

Good luck!

Brycemom07

Does it matter which true fit? I see that babies R Us have 2 different ones...The Misty Morning and the Aurora (compass). they are the same price but just different colors.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC