CPST class wait list

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
I didnt get to register for my class until today and now there arent any open seats. I'm number one on the wait list. Should i go (it starts monday) and hope there is a no show? Will they allow that?

I tried to register last week but didnt have a credit card so i choose pay with check, the number of open seats decreased from 9 to 8 after that is that a coincidence or is there a possibility of an open seat?

I cant believe this happened, i guess i shouldnt have worried about all the jink on my computer and paid with my credit card on it but no i had to wait until my dad got time to use his ebay card (credit card used for nothing but ebay and internet purchases) :mad:

I wanna cry!

ADS

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Unfortunately if you don't have registration confirmation you are probably out of luck :( Atleast now it's paid and you should be first on the list for the next one.

Most classes do not allow refunds after a certain date so they probably won't bother to fill a spot if they don't know about it until Monday am.

Is it SC you are in? There are some coming up but not sure how close they are too you.

skaterbabs

I'd call the instructors and ask them - at only 13 miles away I think *I* would make plans on being there in case of a no-show, and if you can't take the class, you're not out too much time.

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
Ok i'll call now and see if he answers, if not i'll call bright and early before class and see if he'll allow that. Either way i may show up check and form in hand (maybe a bribe too? :) j/k )

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
Well the phone doesnt get answered so i'll try on monday morning. I now cant get to the pay by check form is there a back door to it? I didnt print it out then b/c i thought i'd pay by credit card today. What if i show up with the check but no form? I cant believe this, i read all the time on here about classes with 6 other ppl how on earth did my class fill up?

I did test out by making a 2nd ID (yeah i know bad girl) and trying to register the same way the number of open seats drops by one. So i think there will be a space but i dont have the form! Damn damn damn! (i've cried most of the day now i've moved on to anger! Yeah i cried all mothers day)

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
I figured out the form issue. I took another form and used paint to change the information then turned the paint pictures into a word document. It took some doing but i'm leaving in about 30 minutes with a form and that is all that matters right.

I'm so excited (and nervous) I hope i can get in but if i cant i tried and at least i cant be upset b/c i didnt get to try.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
How did it go? Hope you were able to join the class today.

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
Oh unfortunately two officers from the sheriff's office showed up unregistered but needed the spaces to fill some quota so they got the only no show spot and an extra book but they safekids ppl couldnt find another spare 2004 book so i got bumped. I was the ONLY volunteer! The ppl were great about it they hunted for a long time after class was supposed to start to find a book and then confided in me they expect to do another class in july b/c most of the ppl wont pass. last year they did 3 classes before the sheriff's office met quota! I'll be really close to my due date but with any luck i can make it! (i'm also taking night classes this semester so hopefully exams dont fall in the same time!) I wish i had gotten to stay they had some great looking seats to play with (i made up for it by spending 4 hours shopping in every store that sells seats! Without the kids! :) it was fun and made me feel better)

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Bummer. :( I guess you're hoping enough of the students fail this time around to move up the next class on the schedule, but not so many actually fail to fill up the next class entirely again. Kind of a Catch-22. :) I probably wouldn't be quite so eager to take the class while very pregnant and wrestle with installing a bunch of different seats in cars in the summer heat. I was due with DD#2 last July and we had unusually hot and humid weather most of June and early July here. It was like an outdoor sauna and I was so glad to have all of our carseats sorted out and installed by the middle of May, lol.

Dreaming_of_Speed

Senior Community Member
yeah its a double edged sword. they seem to think its very likely and from what i saw, i agree. there were at least 3 ppl talk on phones after the class started and several were folding paper or playing cell phone games. only one was really paying attention or had even opened their books. i'm not too worried about my size or the heat, i moved from MI to SC to get into the warmth and i'm pretty good at installing my seats in my 2 door 2+2. I havent made my official installs for the car we'll bring home from the hospital. I didnt want the seats to spend unnecessary time in a hot car if they could be in the house. I showed DF how to do them (he isnt as good as me but in a pinch it will do) if for some reason i cant (bedrest, sudden labor, ect.) My main concern is will i still be allowed to be so physical begin pregnant with twins? What if i go into labor in someones car??? (that would be interesting to say the least) I do get first dibs on the next class i register for b/c i was wait listed for this one so i dont have to worry about it if too many ppl fail, i still have a seat if i want it (and they are going to call me as soon as they know whats going on so i can plan)

Apparently we have a new coordinator who would like to whip our safekids into shape and do something. For that they need volunteers and they'll do anything to get them. While pregnant and for the first few post labor weeks i wont be out there doing as much as i could if i werent pregnant but you can bet once we get into a routine i will be doing alot!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
If you have kids at home, feel free to send your babysitter my way. I'd love to have a week off...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC