Is this normal for a Marathon.....

MOM25BOYS

I just changed the cover on my MA and after re-installing it in my suv I noticed that the seat is sliding back and forth on the pivot bar? or recline bar? not sure what the tech term is for it.:confused: Is this normal???:shrug-shoulders: It was not doing this before I took it out, but it really has be bugged right now. It is installed solid with my LATCH and tether, but if you lean against it like to put DS into the seat the top of the seat slides while the base is solid??? Does anyone know what I am talking about?? I called Britax and got you know who and she said that is was completely "normal", but my other MA's have never, ever slide back and forth on the bar.:confused::confused: HELP!!:p

ADS

mom2juliarose

When you say "slides" do you mean it is going from upright to recline mode or vice versa, like it's not staying "locked" upright or reclined?

Just trying to get an idea...

MOM25BOYS

Its staying reclined in the RF position and sliding side to side like from my truck door to the middle seat. That direction.;)

MOM25BOYS

I called Britax, got Helen :rolleyes: and was told to email her some pics of how much it is sliding. The seat is no longer getting a rock solid install and it feels like the actual seat is breaking loose from the base.:mad: I don't know what to do, but I thought of calling the local number on my cell since I am in NC and seeing if I get someone different.:whistle:

djma

Mine does it too! Let me know what they say. I noticed it this past weekend when re-installing it.

tiggercat

How much movement? Mine slides a tiny, tiny bit where the base is attached to the seat, and I think that is normal.

MOM25BOYS

I just called back and got another lady who has been very helpful. I took my seat out, flip it over and let her hear how loose the base was. When the recline is locked in FF there is no movement, but when I put it in the RF position the base is very loose and moves waaayyy too much for my liking.:( I will keep you updated but I am sure I will be stuck with a broke seat.:mad:

monstah

My BLVD moves about 1cm back and forth and I thought that was normal. But it def doesn't feel like it's breaking away from the base. I'm curious to hear what they say.

seamonkeys

The one I gave my sister started doing that! Well, I don't recall it ever doing it before, then when I went to visit one time I noticed it. I called Britax and they said it was fine, normal movement. Don't remember how much it slid, but it was noticeable.
Curious to see if you get a different answer. If so, maybe I should call again!

MOM25BOYS

WOOHOO!!!:D

I just got off the phone with Helen, who by the way was very sweet today and in a very good mood :p, and Britax is sending me a Brand New Marathon!!! She even told me to keep my cover and just put the broken MA in the box with the straps.:thumbsup: Man I am sooo thrilled and relieved that I am getting a replacement and who knows maybe I will get a new 35lb one...:whistle: :)

:2thumbsup: for Helen and Britax CS!!

seamonkeys

WOOHOO!!!:D

I just got off the phone with Helen, who by the way was very sweet today and in a very good mood :p, and Britax is sending me a Brand New Marathon!!! She even told me to keep my cover and just put the broken MA in the box with the straps.:thumbsup: Man I am sooo thrilled and relieved that I am getting a replacement and who knows maybe I will get a new 35lb one...:whistle: :)

:2thumbsup: for Helen and Britax CS!!

WHAT!?!?! I'm going to call my sister and have her check how much it moves. I don't think that's right that they tell one person it's fine, and then another it's not! :confused:

MOM25BOYS

I don't understand that either. She told me that some movement is normal, but mine was alot of movement and only when in RF recline. :shrug-shoulders: I took pics and emailed them that showed how much movement I was having in the base. She even listened over the phone at how the base knocked back and forth when turn upside down and locked into the RF recline. When I put the base in the FF recline position it was rock solid with no movement at all. I was told by one other CS there that it could be the RF recline not locking completely?:confused:

I hope that they fix it for your sister too, 2lilmonkeys.:thumbsup:

how old was your marathon this happened to. my older 04 marathon does this alot in rf mode. i doubt they would do anything about ti though it is too old..

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC