FYI - *new* eddie Bauer seat NOT 50lbs

capeKO71

annoyed... they had it up on their site as a 50lb weight limit... I did measure the harness as just over 17" (and no markings on the back about using it as booster only)... but the sticker says 40lb weight limit on the side... so i called them, and they immediately changed their website and apologized for any inconvenience... grrr.... oh well - my sister wanted a cute cheap pink seat for her toddler... we're returning this one and getting the nautilus...

http://eddiebauer.djgusa.com/product/detail.asp?ID=2855

ADS

Citrine

That is bad mis-advertisment. I hope all who bought this seat read the manual and know its to 40lbs not 50lbs.

fyrfightermomma

Hmm...I thought all the 3 in 1 clones were being changed.

Wow....good way to confuse parents even MORE! Before everyone misused them because you couldn't use the top slot. Now everyone will think they are 50 lb seats because the other ones that look similar are.

Just keep them the same....or change ALL of them!

BookMama

Senior Community Member

FYI, that seat isn't a 3-n-1, it's a combination seat (FF only, then booster).

I looked at one of these at Target on my lunch break a couple of weeks ago - when the possible 50 lb limit was posted here - and the box and the manual clearly states that the harness has a 40 lb limit.

I thought I posted that info here but maybe not - I may have been a little distracted by the fact that on the way back into the building after my lunch hour, I sprained my foot and had to go to the doctor. :rolleyes:

capeKO71

ha... yeah - she ordered it online... so we only had to go off of what the manufacturer printed... took a risk and it failed... but we knew we could return it to target, so it's not that big of a deal. Yeah - this is JUST a FF to booster seat... not a rear facing seat. But her little girl is about 33lbs and I'm ok with her ff... it would be a great seat ff... she had about 3" of growth to the top slots... total bummer about it only being 40lbs. And the kicker is, they had it not once, but three times in the write up about the 50lb weight limit... I sent them an email to find out if the other seats they have marked with a 50lb weight limit are too good to be true too! We'll see what the say.

FYI, that seat isn't a 3-n-1, it's a combination seat (FF only, then booster).

I looked at one of these at Target on my lunch break a couple of weeks ago - when the possible 50 lb limit was posted here - and the box and the manual clearly states that the harness has a 40 lb limit.

I thought I posted that info here but maybe not - I may have been a little distracted by the fact that on the way back into the building after my lunch hour, I sprained my foot and had to go to the doctor. :rolleyes:

MomToEliEm

Not all of the new dorel 3-in-1 seats have changed. It is only the cosco alpha omega elite with the 50 pound change. It really makes it hard to recommend seats these days because there are so many similar seats, yet only one of them is the good one.

Hopefully they are planning on phasing these changes out to all their 3-in-1 seats and hopefully their combination seats too.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I looked at the pink plaid one that is in Target. Read the manual...you can only use the bottom 3 slots with the harness, the top position is for booster mode only. The top harness position was a whole 14" high. The Scenera's top slot is 15".

Susan

cpsaddict

I looked at the pink plaid one that is in Target. Read the manual...you can only use the bottom 3 slots with the harness, the top position is for booster mode only. The top harness position was a whole 14" high. The Scenera's top slot is 15".

Susan

Yes! I was going to post this too. I read the whole manual in Target and was disgusted to see they didn't change the top slot thing. Sooo frustrating!

christineka

Interesting. I emailed dorel to ask about it because the link on their website takes you to a 40 pound seat. Here's the email.

Deluxe High Back Booster Car Seat
It is the first one in the lineup of car seats under "Eddie Bauer", "Car seats", "Booster Seats"

This is part of the description.

Forward-facing 22-50 lbs, belt-positioning booster 40-100 lbs

Christine
- Show quoted text -

Consumer Relations
to me

show details Sep 9 (2 days ago)

Dear Christine,

Thank you for your response; the new 50 pound harness seat is currently being sold via Babies R US and Toys R US stores. They may not have updated their website to reflect this information.

Regards,

Roxann

capeKO71

grrrr... that whole harness height thing makes me SUPER mad because it is NOT MARKED ON THE SHELL!!!! Are they kidding??? I mean - that's sort of a serious thing that should be clearly marked on the shell. that's rediculous. Well - my niece is happily riding in a nautilus now anyhow... but still... annoying.

Ice Princess

great. My friend just bought this seat (pink and brown plaid) from target because on the website it stated it was to 50lbs. She is not the nicest person when it comes to car seats and now I have to tell her that the seat she bought for her dd to stayed harnessed longer is crap. :mad: It is the only thing I have been able to convince her on. She isnt the type to read manuals either. She sees it as, once you have installed one car seat you can install them all.:thumbsdown:

Brycen'sMommy

This is extremely disappointing. I was really hoping this seat would work for us because I have some issues with our Nautilus. But I guess I have to keep looking for something else. :mad:

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Yes! I was going to post this too. I read the whole manual in Target and was disgusted to see they didn't change the top slot thing. Sooo frustrating!

Did you have a hard time finding it too? I had a 2 yr old with me, but I felt like the info was buried/hidden in the manual.

And the way it's written is weird too....something to the effect of:

If you're child's shoulders are above the 3rd to top slot, over 40 pounds and 1 yr, then remove the harness, move the headrest to the top position and use the seat as a belt positioning booster.

Yes...it really had "1 yr" in that phrase too.

Susan

Kat_Momof3

um... then people need to call the stores or tell Dorel to... because they advertise it that way on store sites, too.

that's a horrid mistake.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC