I DID IT! Two Signos in a 3-across!

arly1983

This was in the third row of a Ford Freestar 04.

I started out with the Cobalt Signo which installed rocksolid with seatbelt. Then I put in the radian with latch/to tether, rock solid. The blush was harder to get in as I had to tighten the belt on the side away from the buckle, YKWIM? It went in with about .25-.5 inch movement at belt path with hard pushing. I then uninstalled the radian which was interesting but I finally figured out I could unlatch the latch connectors through the slits in the cover and wiggled it out. Both Signos were still tight installs with less than 1 in of movement at the belt path (Cobalt rock solid).

So here is is, a 3-across I thought could not be done: FFing Signo, FFing Radian, FFing Signo.

The only problem is I hope the poor child in the radian is not claustrophobic.:eek:

Picture715.jpg

ADS

TerisBoys

Awesome job!

Which goes to prove that the narrowest seats aren't always the best choice for 3-across.

And yes - a claustrophobic kidling in the middle could be BAD.

arly1983

I know I couldn't do a MA, Radian, MA in the same spot but I could do a Radian, MA, Radian. I didn't really expect this to work.

Picture488.jpg

firemomof3

WOW that is so cool! I have 2 signos in the 3rd row of a sedona but there is no way I could fit a radian in between them...next year we're buying a new minivan so that I can do a 3 across in the 3rd row.

Kat_Momof3

PISH! I helped my friend get MA, Radian, MA across her back row in her Windstar... unless they changed dimensions, it should work.

Of course, I had to buckle the seatbelt for the 2nd MA with the MA sideways... better to do it with two people, slide it in position, then didn't even put my knee in it... used my hand... I was sitting on the folded captain's chair... pulled the belt tight (of course, locking lightweight latchplates are why... with locking retractors, I always have to use the knee), and got them rock solid.

I'd done it with just the Radian and each MA first, so I know they were just as solid independently... it was just a tight squeeze and it was only working due to careful placement of the MAs... having the bases JUST so.

Kat_Momof3

oh... but I like the looks of the fit of the 2 signos and one Radian better.

The friend I helped couldn't leave hers like that... the kid in the middle was getting picked on with hair pulling and couldn't defend herself because the other two sat up higher.

with the signos, it looks like the radian passenger would be restricted in space, but blocked off from attacks.

arly1983

PISH! I helped my friend get MA, Radian, MA across her back row in her Windstar... unless they changed dimensions, it should work.

Oh, really. That makes me want to try again...but I don't have any MAs anymore...but my sister has an MA and RA. I might have to borrow them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC