Do you do this?

jenny03

I find myself contemplating what seats I would get if ever had any more kids. :p (Think, OOPS!) lol Hmmm...SS1, then scenera, then Regent? Or SS1 then a Marathon? The choices are mind boggling...and we don't want any more! What a dork, right?

And I drive down the road saying, "That kid's too big for that seat..." "There's no head rest behind their head." "That kid needs a booster." I need to stop looking in people's windows. I saw a baby (6-8 mos.) at a restaurant last night, and when I left I was parked next to a car with a FF seat in it. I didn't see any other babies there. OMG, I hope that baby isn't FF. :(

I can't shut it off! Argh! :p

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
hehehe Yeah, I do that too. Both of the things. Piper could probably give a pretty accurate call of who is and who is not restrained properly by the running commentary I have while driving. And there are a TON of seats I want, but since we have our one and only and don't plan on more, there are a TON of seats I won't buy. :-( But heck, the kid has three, I don't think I can justify any more. We only have two cars.

Wendy

rachel3612

Senior Community Member
I do that too! I would get the Companion, Boulevard, Regent then parkway. LOL I wouldn't have to buy a Regent though since I already have one and Liam would be out of it by that point and in a parkway. The companion is the only infant seat I would ever use for my own kids now. LOL I like the anti rebound bar. I would never use a non britax convertable either and the RA was outgrown way to soon for my DD, it would have to be one of the higher weight ones. Then I would use the Regent because there is more shoulder room and after that a parkway, its my favorite booster.

Hannah always comments on kids in her class not in a booster. One kid gets to sit in the front seat too! She is in a K/1 class.

Rachel

jenny03

Yeah, the Parkway is a given. :p I like the Boulevard a lot.

One of my son's classmates gets picked up in mom's convertible with no booster. (Front seat, hope it has an airbag switch.) I have to remind myself to close my hanging open jaw when I see that.

melaniev

Does it count if you pick out seats for OTHER peoples' kids?! (And firmly instruct / scare them into buying them):p

It's amusing when we're at a stage of life where our family is 99.9% complete and a very select few of our friends/peers are just starting to get married and have their 1st. I become a bit of a know-it-all about everything breastfeeding and carseat!

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
melaniev said:
It's amusing when we're at a stage of life where our family is 99.9% complete and a very select few of our friends/peers are just starting to get married and have their 1st. I become a bit of a know-it-all about everything breastfeeding and carseat!

We're the same way. We started "young" by today's standards, I was a week shy of 25 and my husband was 26 when our daughter was born. So most of our friends haven't had babies yet. One couple is pregnant, and she and I hold the same viewpoints on birth, but he's a conservative pharmacist (so in the medical profession, so's she, but she trusts bodies) and so wants a hospital birth with all of the bleeps and bops that go with it. hehe Should be interesting.

I can't wait for more of our friends to have kids. But at this rate Piper will be able to babysit them!

Wendy

melaniev

totally off-topic ... but funny, you and I, and our babies are nearly the exact same age - Kiana bday 7/18/02.
BUT - i had 6yrs prior too:eek:
yah - oops! (freshman yr in college)

BrookeSLP

Yep, I do it all the time. Now, I AM pregnant with number three and spend lots of time pondering what I'd like to do.

Brooke

jenny03 said:
I find myself contemplating what seats I would get if ever had any more kids. :p (Think, OOPS!) lol Hmmm...SS1, then scenera, then Regent? Or SS1 then a Marathon? The choices are mind boggling...and we don't want any more! What a dork, right?

And I drive down the road saying, "That kid's too big for that seat..." "There's no head rest behind their head." "That kid needs a booster." I need to stop looking in people's windows. I saw a baby (6-8 mos.) at a restaurant last night, and when I left I was parked next to a car with a FF seat in it. I didn't see any other babies there. OMG, I hope that baby isn't FF. :(

I can't shut it off! Argh! :p

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
My friends are just happy I had a number three so I quit telling them what to buy for their babies! I had five infant seats and 2 strollers just waiting for this baby before she was born, and I am so excited I get another 9 years of seat buying :D (and all the other cute fun stuff you 'need' to buy for babies, of course! lol)

mom2acrew

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I am with Julie on this one too. I thought for sure I would be using a Companion but now....the Key Fit is so appealing. Since I have the Companion already we'll probably still use it and save the money I would have spent on a KF for a Regent when the baby needs the WZ and MA then again who knows what will be out in another year lol.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
DH and I are just starting the IVF journey with our potiental first and maybe second?

He actually thinks that we're going to be able to keep it a secret if it's twins....Well we're gonna try. The only thing is registering---so I guess we'll register for just one and buy one.--who know's

So I've been thinking about what to do about a car seat.

I want a Keyfit and then a MA, but could want BLVD's if it's twins and they would both be outboard...but I'm not sure how I would get in the middle and then wouldn't have a head rest for me...but I could put them side by side and still reach. Not sure how DH's going to react to 2 $300 car seats. I don't want to register for the convertibles because I don't want to knock anytime of of their "lifespan."

Not sure what I would do after MA or BLVD--it would depend on age/weight/torso height and maturity of course.
That and who know's what will be out 7-8 years from now.

Susan

Longhorn Lady

Yes, I do this. And yes I nominate seats for other people in my head too!

I watch 4 children each week at different times and even though I have a MA, TB, and a Snugride which are perfect for my needs, I'm always convincing myself that I need more. I don't of course, but that wouldn't be any fun if I believed that :D I definitely want a Regent, though, so that's next on the list.

Michi

Oh, I do this all the time!
I'm going in to get my tubes tied this week and I don't know what I'm sadder about.....no more babies, or no more car seats! :(
Unless of course I can convince my DH that we REALLY need a Regent when my DD out grows her Marathon;)

Kellyr2

Well, we've always planned on having 4, so I definitely thought about how it would all work out once we had another.
As of right now, I still haven't decided for sure. Aaric was just asking me yesterday when he'd start using the Parkway all the time (he likes having a cupholder) and I just don't know. All depends on his size and Mikayla's size when the new baby outgrows the Safeseat. Will I get another MA for the baby who will then be hopefully a little over a year? Or will I move the baby into the current MA, Mikayla into the Husky, and Aaric into the Parkway? I don't know! (When the new baby is a year, Aaric will be 7 and 2 months, he currently is 5 and 10 months and currently weighs right at 48 lbs. Mikayla is currently 4 and 1 month, weighing right around 37 lbs, and when the new baby is a year, she'll be 5 and 5 months. Her head is nearing the top of the MA, so really, her size will be the main determining factor. So then the question would be - do I move her to the Husky and Aaric to the PW, or do I buy a Regent for her? )

Kellyr2

Oh, and Wendy - I'm in that same boat. When we got married, he was 22, I was 19! So all of our friends are either newlyweds or maybe having their first kid.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC