Help for a friend - which seat

my2kidsSafe

My friend just got approved as a foster parent. The thing is she is going to be one of those emergency situation one where she will go get the child immediately after they get taken from their home. And keep them for very short periods (usually no longer than a week) until a perminent situation is found. The thing is she can get any age. So she wants to know what seat will fit all kids. I told her there really isn't a 1 seat that fits them all but the AO and that she does not really want that. I told her i would let her borrow my safeseat that i wasn't using. And i was thinking of telling her to get the nautilus. Since the safe seat will get her at least past 1 and 20. And will also harness the longest and turn into a booster if needed. I know the recommondation is past 1 and 20 and the safeseat will get her beyond that. And if she does get one that is in that spot where he is too big for the safeseat but still too young to rearface i will trade her my MA for her nautilus during that period. BUt at least with the nautilus she can put him/her in it until the morning when she gets in contact with me. See the thing is she is probably going to be getting alot of calls in the middle of the night. So she needs a seat at least temporarily and since she will have some of these kids as little as 1 night or even a few hours its not worth buying a brand new seat to fit each kid. She also doesn't want to buy a few seats right now, for a few reasons one being she has other things to buy to get ready and 2. She wants to make sure this is something that is right for her. If it isn't she has decided thta with the 1 seat she has she will happily donate it to Social Services.

ADS

Mommypooh

I would suggest a Booster and the EFTA The EFTA would work well with the Slide harness so it should fit from newborn up to about 4-5 years of age then a booster like maybe the turbo would be a good choice. That is just my quick 2 cents.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
A booster and the EFTA would be great. Or a Nautilus and a Scenera.

Good for her. :) She's doing a really good thing.

Wendy

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Actually the new AO's have higher harness slots and weight limits; it might actually work pretty well for her.

She could also look at the True Fit.

Does she have an age range at all? If she's only getting kids under 4, for example, she could probably manage with just one seat, but if it's a wider age range, she should also get a HBB that converts to backless.

mish

I was also thinking the TrueFit. That would fit them from birth to 65 pounds. I don't think you have to rethread the harness to adjust it. Then I would look at something like the Turbo that is easy to use backless and with the back.

my2kidsSafe

A booster and the EFTA would be great. Or a Nautilus and a Scenera.

Good for her. :) She's doing a really good thing.

Wendy

i think its great also and she used to be a psycologist in the schools a few years ago so she is perfect for this. But her husband got a great job (with great money) that required them to relocate, and are thinking about starting a family in a few years, so she decided to not find a new job but to do this until she does. So this way she is still helping children and doing what she loved. They chose her for the temp placement since she doesn't have other children and can leave at the drop of the hat. Plus with her degree and field she is exactly what the children in this situation need.

Kat_Momof3

an EFTA will hold newborns well... and it holds up to such a big child, I would be inclined, also, to recommend that and a Graco turbobooster.

the two basic and great seats....should cover all the bases.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC