Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ABC Kids: The Teasers - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

Well, I have the photos now, but Heather still has the notes, so I can’t give up all the goods yet.  I feel like I need to beg her to send me a copy of the notes before the big test!  Plus, we need to stretch this Expo out into a good 2 weeks of [...]

Please click here to read more at CarseatBlog.Com and please leave us comments at the Blog!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

Re: ABC Kids: The Teasers - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

lots of good info. I'm really excited for the new seats/changes. especially-

All Radians (including the 65 and 80) are getting a removable harness system, improved side impact structure, an improved base and a slightly revised shell (with smoother edges and bottom grips) to go with a larger chest clip that will also be phased in very soon. The XT will come later and adds some new fabrics and an adjustable head restraint.
    woo!

The Coccoro looks like it will fill a great niche. Smaller cars are now on people's minds with gas....so this seat is timely. And the colors are cute!!

I really like the new Radian design!
    Sarah, mom to DSS 14 seat belt, DS1 13 seat belt, DSD 11 seat belt, DS2 10 TB, DD1 6 RA, and DD2 4 MyRide all in a 99' Suburban

Moderator - CPS Technician BookMama's Avatar

Can't wait to hear more about the new seats, and the changes to the existing seats.

I will say, though, that I think anyone who was hoping for a somewhat more ... subdued girly Radian cover is going to be disappointed. Yikes! What an explosion of color!
    Andrea, CPST, Tech proxy, special Needs trained
    DS 4/01 - Seatbelt * DD1 11/05 - Oobr, PWSGL, Performance Booster
    DD2 10/09 - GN SS/Argos
    Plus a plethora of "spare" seats for everyone.

Senior Community Member tarynsmum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BookMama View Post
    Can't wait to hear more about the new seats, and the changes to the existing seats.

I will say, though, that I think anyone who was hoping for a somewhat more ... subdued girly Radian cover is going to be disappointed. Yikes! What an explosion of color!
    Yeah, I have to say :barf: to that one. WAAAAAY too much for my liking.

I'm a little at the SafeSeat32. I'm not sure the draw of that extra 2 lbs. Plus, I can't imagine lugging the 30 (let alone 32lb) kidlet around - it'd have to be over 40 lbs!
    ~Heather
    DD: 8 years old, 48lbs, 50". DS: 5 years old, 36lbs, 40.5".

I dunno - I like the Safe Seat ten times better than the Snug Ride. I'd rather they make the SS better.
    Rebekah Branch, CPST from May 2005 until June 2011
    Mom to CJ (7/96, seatbelt), Gregory (4/98, seatbelt), & Joyjoy (10/03, misc. booster seats)
    "That which you create in beauty and goodness and truth lives on."
    - Denis Waitley

It's not about carrying the seat around at 32lbs... it's about not having to buy another rear facing seat, the seat *can* be left in the vehicle if you don't want to carry it.

Most kids seem to outgrow the SS1 by height between 18 months - 2 years old. It's a great option for parents that won't ERF their kids past that point.
    Jen, Former CDN CRS Tech
    DS1 /02, Seatbelt in the driver's seat now!
    DS2 /05, Seatbelt

DS3 /12, Britax Frontier/Parkway SG
    DD1 /15, Rfing Peg PVC

The Snugride 32 is essentially the current Safe Seat Step 1, at least that is how I understood it.

CPS Fanatic

So, does anyone know when this new radian is coming out? I really need to get at least 2 of them

CPS Technician crunchierthanthou's Avatar

the 32 kind of makes sense because the Teutonia t-tario 32 is essentially a dressed up SS1. or now a snugride 32, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by crunchierthanthou View Post
    the 32 kind of makes sense because the Teutonia t-tario 32 is essentially a dressed up SS1. or now a snugride 32, I guess.

Yup! Hopefully Heather will grab some photos of the t-tario 32 today! We ran out of time yesterday:-(

The updated 65 and 80 will be shipping this month. I think the XT was later this year or early next year. Please comment at the blog with questions and Heather should have the information. Thanks!

I need one of those new True Fits!

Senior Community Member

I am highly excited about the radian XT BUT I want to know how and what range of motion those wings have before I get ecstatic.
    J-10.5 yrs, 100 lbs, 4 ft 10.5 ins-adult seatbelt
    C-9yrs-Britax Parkway SG, Clek ozzi, Incognito
    S-6.5 yrs -Britax Parkway SG,

I'm going to get a new Radian when the new baby is ready for a convertible! I'll have the girls in both the Radians, and the baby in the FPSVD.
    I'm so excited for that radian! I LOVE the one I have, my only gripe is the non removable harness. I like those headwings too!
    I like that girly seat, but I wont ever buy a girly seat, it has to be gender neutral for us, so we can use it for whoever.
    Mom to:
    Hannah 11 Graco Connext, Abby 10 Graco Connext, Josh 7 Recaro Performance Booster, and Zach 2 1/2 Sunshine Kids Radian 80.

Senior Community Member

I like the new Radian!

It will be GREAT for my mom's car. I love that it has SIP wings now!
    "If you don't know how to fix it, please stop breaking it." Severn Suzuki, age 12

I'm so disappointed about the Snugride32. I want a base with a lock-off for the original Snugride. Oh, well, I think I'm getting a Keyfit anyway.
    Liz
    Mom to:
    Rachael (11/03), Emily (8/06), and Naomi (1/09)

Carseat Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by tarynsmum View Post
    Yeah, I have to say :barf: to that one. WAAAAAY too much for my liking.

I'm a little at the SafeSeat32. I'm not sure the draw of that extra 2 lbs. Plus, I can't imagine lugging the 30 (let alone 32lb) kidlet around - it'd have to be over 40 lbs!

Ahh, but I have a chunky child and would love to keep him in his SafeSeat as long as possible for 2 reasons: 1. It's nice to have the option of popping a sleeping child into the main part of a shopping cart (we do this a lot, as my hubby and I shop together, so we just get two carts if we're buying much).
    And 2. THE SUNSHADE! I remember when my first child got to big for the SafeSeat and moved into a RF Radian. He screamed about the sun. We even tried the Sunshine Kids carseat shade (which I'm pretty sure was approved to use with it), but he was still to short to benifit at all from it, and I really think it's more intended for FF. If the SafeSeat could only have carried him through the rest of the summer. When he was in it still at around 18 months we never carried him in it, but just left it in the base in the car.

I may be the odd one out here, but I that flowery pink Radian cover!
    April-CRST
    "Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother." ~Oprah Winfrey
    DD1-11 years: seatbelt
    DS1-10 years: seatbelt DD2-7.5 years: lightrider
    DS2-6.5 years: parkway DD3-2.5 years: RF RNXT