ABC Kids: The Teasers - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

ADS

crunchierthanthou

lots of good info. I'm really excited for the new seats/changes. especially-

All Radians (including the 65 and 80) are getting a removable harness system, improved side impact structure, an improved base and a slightly revised shell (with smoother edges and bottom grips) to go with a larger chest clip that will also be phased in very soon. The XT will come later and adds some new fabrics and an adjustable head restraint.

woo!

Heather98012

The Coccoro looks like it will fill a great niche. Smaller cars are now on people's minds with gas....so this seat is timely. And the colors are cute!!

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Can't wait to hear more about the new seats, and the changes to the existing seats.

I will say, though, that I think anyone who was hoping for a somewhat more ... subdued girly Radian cover is going to be disappointed. :p Yikes! What an explosion of color!

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
Can't wait to hear more about the new seats, and the changes to the existing seats.

I will say, though, that I think anyone who was hoping for a somewhat more ... subdued girly Radian cover is going to be disappointed. :p Yikes! What an explosion of color!

Yeah, I have to say :barf: to that one. WAAAAAY too much for my liking.

I'm a little :scratcheshead: at the SafeSeat32. I'm not sure the draw of that extra 2 lbs. Plus, I can't imagine lugging the 30 (let alone 32lb) kidlet around - it'd have to be over 40 lbs!

skaterbabs

I dunno - I like the Safe Seat ten times better than the Snug Ride. I'd rather they make the SS better. :twocents:

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
:yeahthat:

It's not about carrying the seat around at 32lbs... it's about not having to buy another rear facing seat, the seat *can* be left in the vehicle if you don't want to carry it. ;)

Most kids seem to outgrow the SS1 by height between 18 months - 2 years old. It's a great option for parents that won't ERF their kids past that point. :)

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The Snugride 32 is essentially the current Safe Seat Step 1, at least that is how I understood it.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The updated 65 and 80 will be shipping this month. I think the XT was later this year or early next year. Please comment at the blog with questions and Heather should have the information. Thanks!

arly1983

I am highly excited about the radian XT BUT I want to know how and what range of motion those wings have before I get ecstatic.

Holly

I'm going to get a new Radian when the new baby is ready for a convertible! I'll have the girls in both the Radians, and the baby in the FPSVD.
I'm so excited for that radian! I LOVE the one I have, my only gripe is the non removable harness. I like those headwings too!
I like that girly seat, but I wont ever buy a girly seat, it has to be gender neutral for us, so we can use it for whoever.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
I like the new Radian!

It will be GREAT for my mom's car. I love that it has SIP wings now!

abacus2

I'm so disappointed about the Snugride32. I want a base with a lock-off for the original Snugride. Oh, well, I think I'm getting a Keyfit anyway.

Yeah, I have to say :barf: to that one. WAAAAAY too much for my liking.

I'm a little :scratcheshead: at the SafeSeat32. I'm not sure the draw of that extra 2 lbs. Plus, I can't imagine lugging the 30 (let alone 32lb) kidlet around - it'd have to be over 40 lbs!

Ahh, but I have a chunky child and would love to keep him in his SafeSeat as long as possible for 2 reasons: 1. It's nice to have the option of popping a sleeping child into the main part of a shopping cart (we do this a lot, as my hubby and I shop together, so we just get two carts if we're buying much).
And 2. THE SUNSHADE! I remember when my first child got to big for the SafeSeat and moved into a RF Radian. He screamed about the sun. We even tried the Sunshine Kids carseat shade (which I'm pretty sure was approved to use with it), but he was still to short to benifit at all from it, and I really think it's more intended for FF. If the SafeSeat could only have carried him through the rest of the summer. When he was in it still at around 18 months we never carried him in it, but just left it in the base in the car.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC