Graco Turbo booster for baby doll?!

ADS

Splash

Yeah, it's been out for awhile. This thoroughly disturbs me:

Little girls love to mimic their parents' caretaking chores and this baby doll gives them the opportunity. The doll comes with her own combination car seat/booster chair so she can safely ride in the car and sit up at the dinner table, just like a real 9-month-old baby. The 16-inch doll has a detailed face, hands, and feet made from molded plastic and a plush, stuffed body that still makes her huggable. Her booster chair closely resembles a life-size car seat with its comfy padded exterior, head and arm rests, and shoulder belt with Velcro closures. The booster chair also works as a feeding seat for meals at home or in a restaurant. The back removes to make the seat fit more easily in an adult-sized chair and the seat has pull-out holders on each side for holding a sippy cup and a jar of baby food with a spoon. This set is sure to keep a toddler busy with all the responsibilities required in transporting and feeding a baby. --Cristina Vaamonde

From the Manufacturer
With cool and sporty features, our doll Turbo Booster Seat includes a 16 inche baby doll. This travel seat, which has hideaway cup holders on either side, transforms into a doll booster and feeding seat.

So REAL nine month olds sit in booster seats, eh? nice.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Sure, at the dinner table they do. I've seen tons of parents prop up the carseats at restaurants and use them as boosters.

Wendy

Splash

Yes, but it says that she can safely ride in the car, like a real nine month old baby, in a booster.

I've used backless turbos as boosters at restaurants as well. I also use Charlie's SS1 as one! I just sit it up (so he is completely upright) and secure it against the table. Voila. Five point harness and no yucky high chair.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
True. I had misunderstood the description and hadn't looked at the picture. By the description it sounds like they upended a baby bucket and used that as a dinner seat, which I've seen done.

I remember using my rubber backless booster at the dinner table a few times. I think we may still have it. Think it's expired or anything? LOL I was shocked to see how little backless boosters have changed in the nearly 23 years since I've used one.

Wendy

Michi

It would be better if they showed this with an older looking doll (like the American Girl dolls) to show that boosters are for big kids - NOT babies!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, they really flubbed on their choice of doll for this seat...they *really* should have made something that is older looking and proportionately more like a 4 yo....It's a nice little seat, though, we like ours (even though I got bored once and rigged a 5-pt harness/seatbelt thingie onto it ..lol)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC