What brand is this?

kmcenery

I have seen pictures of car seats from 1999 and around that time and they are all ugly to me. I kept seen them and wandering why I remember my neices kind of cute. So I digged up a photo. I know my mom still has the car seat along with all the toys and things from all my brothers and sisters. Im hoping to go find it this weekend to get rid of it before anyone else finds it. Here is the car seat right after we brought her home from the hospital with very loose straps, chest clip at the belly and a blanket under her.

Taken Oct 1999. Can anyone tell me what brand this is. The handle is not in the picture very good. Its not like the evenflo but its not stright like Graco it has a slight curve in it

scan0001-2.jpg

ADS

HEVY

While you're at it.........................If it's OK, can you tell me what seat this is? I know I returned a Snugride but can't remember what I got. I think I changed the chest clip.
old.jpg

cpsaddict

While you're at it.........................If it's OK, can you tell me what seat this is? I know I returned a Snugride but can't remember what I got. I think I changed the chest clip.
old.jpg

It looks like an Evenflo, maybe. A Cozy Carry, I think.

emandbri

That first one is a century one, it was the second seat infant seat to have an 5-point harness. When I was preg with Daniel I couldn't find one in town anywhere and bought a 3 point discovery instead. Glad we didn't get in a wreck! ;)

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
While I always hated the 3-point harnesses, I must admit that we DID get in a wreck while my son was using one - side-impact crash, even - and it did it's job.

I still hate 3-point harnesses and I don't think they're as safe, but I really can't bring myself to feel guilty about the seats they used to use - it was the best we had at the time, and they got my kids safely through two crashes. :thumbsup:

kmcenery

That first one is a century one, it was the second seat infant seat to have an 5-point harness. When I was preg with Daniel I couldn't find one in town anywhere and bought a 3 point discovery instead. Glad we didn't get in a wreck! ;)

I was surprised when I found the picture and it was a 5 pt harness. My mom found it at a local baby store that my mom used to shop at for us then she shoped their for her grand kids but last year thet closed down.

Patriot201

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
Taken Oct 1999. Can anyone tell me what brand this is. The handle is not in the picture very good. Its not like the evenflo but its not stright like Graco it has a slight curve in it

That is a Century SmartFit Supreme or Deluxe or whatever. There were about 1000 different "lines" of SmartFit.:rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC