Question which would you choose?

mama2Cecelia

my head is spinning.....please make it stop!

any input will be greatly appreciated.

I need to get a backup booster for dd for my dad to keep with him. We have a PW but would like to keep it here in case it is needed.

She rides in a Regent in our vehicles.

I was thinking of just getting a LBB........since it would hardly be used, I can't justify spending more $

she sits very well in her PW......even though she says she's not safe.......lol......we have her brainwashed!

her stats:
she will be 5 in two weeks
is 47" tall and weighs between 60-65 lbs.

I was just thinking of a cheapo Graco LBB........I know it's not the safest option, but in an emergency, such as if he had to pick her up at school and didn't have access to her PW.......it's better than nothing, right?

tia

~~Kris
CPST and proud mama to Cecelia Violet 9.23.03

ADS

lorinick

I would still go with the Graco turbo HB booster. I have an eight year old. I think the belt fits him better in the HB than without it. I wouldn't do it for a 5 year old. Even though it wouldn't be often. The Graco Turbo booster hi back is only about 40.00 insstead on 19-25.00

Chex

There are some fairly inexpensive high-back boosters. Evenflo and Graco are both not super-expensive. And Parkways are on sale right now at a lot of places online for $60. I am always more comfortable with a younger child in a highback booster rather than a LBB, though.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Depends on the vehicle in question. My niece has been in a backless booster for a long time, but it didn't bother me all that much because at least the seat belt still fit her fairly well and she was in the center. But I had seat-check last week with an 8yo in a backless booster and even with the belt positioner, it simply wouldn't work. The shoulder belt would NOT fit over his shoulder correctly. We had to move him to a different seating position.

IF it fits correctly in his vehicle, and you would otherwise be providing the Parkway for him to use unless it was an emergency, I'd be okay with getting a backless for him just to keep available.

solmama

If you'd prefer she stay in a high back booster, you could try a Compass B510-it folds for storage. They're kind of expensive, though. Just an idea.

Go with the backless if you think she'll sit fine in it for occasional use.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC