"Upgrade" my BOB Rev to a Baby Jogger Elite?

pastrygirl

I asked this on Strollerswap but no one replied... and I've been bitten by the stroller bug! (AGAIN!)

My son has about an inch of headroom left in the BOB before he hits the canopy. If the canopy is closed, his head is already in the folds, so I have to move the folds to behind the seat. I've been reading that the Baby Jogger strollers have much more head room. I have a Mini, and he has several inches left before he hits that canopy. Would the BJ Elite and Classic be similar to that? I can't find any stores in my area that have them in stock. I'm also thinking ahead to #2, and like that the BJ has a toddler jump seat available (or will? I'm not even sure if it's available yet). Then again, the limit is 33 pounds, so maybe that's not a good idea since Toby's just about 30 pounds now.

Does anyone know if the snack tray and other accessories are compatible between the Mini and the Elite or Classic?

ADS

capeKO71

Wait a few weeks... baby jogger is coming out with a new model... looks like the elite, but has 16" wheels in the back... (not the ATS... it's a brand new model).

lovinwaves

Ooo I will have to google the new Baby Jogger, unless someone wants to link me :whistle:

If you like the light and airy feeling of the BOB, and use it for off-road type activities then I am not sure you will like the Classic or Elite. The BOB and BJ are two totally different strollers. BJ tried to hit the BOB market with the ATS, but imo, they missed out terribly. Sounds like this new BJ may be the one though. :shrug-shoulders:

As far as room you will have about the same that you did with the Mini.

lovinwaves

Yeah, then definitely don't get the Classic or Elite. Hence the word "city" in their name.

Oh, I love the look of that new BJ. I'm totally diggin those 16inch back wheels :eek: :thumbsup: That could be the one for you! I just hope they kept their tall seatbacks. The hood looks to be about the same, which is a great selling point on the BJ's. It also looks like it's on the same frame as the Classic/Elite, so I'm wondering where they got rid of some weight, or if they didn't how did they make it light and airy feeling?

The way the front wheels like is awesome! That is one feature I like about it more than the BOB. I am curious to see though if the front wheel locks FORWARD on the single, like it does the BOB, which mimics more of a true 'jogger.'

When I first saw it it reminded me of the MBUD. Can't wait to see one in person. It looks very promising for the person that loves the BJ and wants a TRUE all terrain stroller.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC