My silly kids. . . .

Kabes

We have Radians and Regents as our car seats but my silly kids don't like the harness protecters(they cloth things, we do/will use hugs) or the belly pads. Are they necessary? Does anyone else have kids who prefer not to use them?

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I whip mine off and stick them in my 'carseat odds and ends' box as soon as we get any new seat, I really, really don't like them, and don't need them for comfort. Yup, take them off if that's what they prefer :)

featherhead

I have a Radian and I just took the harness pads and belly pad off. I like to use them in summer, when shorts/tanktops are worn. But in fall/winter when we are wearing pants/long sleeves, etc I take them off cause they are just annoying. I find it easier to tighten/check the harness with them off.

MissAllyLou

Actually, all 'my kids' love the comfort pads on the Britax, it's the Nautilus pads I find whipped all over my car! But yes, it's fine to take them off, they are just for comfort and looks, not for safety. :) I think the longer ones, like the Radian and the Nautilus, get in the way when the kids are bigger.

HEVY

:ROTFLMAO:
I thought you were talking to MYSILLYKIDS, I had to read it a couple times to get it. :whistle:

Kat_Momof3

each kid is different. My kids loved them with a passion... the boys called the belly pads their "winky protectors"

But Ruthie could care less. She likes the shoulderpads on the nautilus and I like them for summer for the same reason... tank tops... but the belly pad came off... silly velcro couldn't keep it on... it kept falling off because of me holding the strap forward to let her climb in without it getting bunched under her.

it sits higher, though, so I'm fine with it. (I prefer the pad when it's at actual crotch level)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC