Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Best HB Booster? Recommendations?

Well, after much thought and talking to my daughter about sitting properly in her HB booster I think I'm going to look for another one for my car. I had debated between another booster and the Nautilus, but I think the HB booster will be fine and last us longer.

My DD (6 yrs old, 47" tall and 46 lbs., torso height of 17.5" to top of shoulders) using a Monarch in my husband's truck. I need to buy a new HB booster for my car (Honda Accord EX v6 2000) with no Lower anchors.
    I have looked at having Lower Anchors installed and may do that as I have no plans to buy a new car anytime soon.

I am looking at SK Monterey, Recaro HB booster, or JI plus HB booster.

Opinions appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Best HB Booster? Recommendations?

Good luck finding a booster seat that works well for you.

Here is a post from just a couple days ago talking about all 3 of the boosters you were mentioning:
    http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=57330
    Maybe something in that post will give you some info about the seats.

You mentioned retrofitting lower anchors in your car. I don't think that it can be retrofitted in most cars. I do recall volkswagon had some vehicle that could be retrofitted but that was the only one I had heard of. You can usually retrofit the top anchors though.
    Katy

Unregistered

Thanks. I'll check that out. I do have top tethers in 3 positions in my car, just no lower anchors.

Lower anchors are not possible to be retorfitted into your vehicle. Take a look at the Compass B510.
    CPST - Kyle David Miller Foundation - http://www.kyledavidmiller.org

I would try your child in the Monterey first... it is very wide and can be too wide for some small kids... but at that height and weight, you should be fine and it would certainly last the longest.

Otherwise, I would go with the Jane or Recaro... both are almost as tall as the Monterey, the Recaro is the narrowest, but the Recaro is not very deep for leg support.

Check out my new hair blog - Ruthie-dos

thanks!