Best HB Booster? Recommendations?

abbey71

Well, after much thought and talking to my daughter about sitting properly in her HB booster I think I'm going to look for another one for my car. I had debated between another booster and the Nautilus, but I think the HB booster will be fine and last us longer.

My DD (6 yrs old, 47" tall and 46 lbs., torso height of 17.5" to top of shoulders) using a Monarch in my husband's truck. I need to buy a new HB booster for my car (Honda Accord EX v6 2000) with no Lower anchors.
I have looked at having Lower Anchors installed and may do that as I have no plans to buy a new car anytime soon.

I am looking at SK Monterey, Recaro HB booster, or JI plus HB booster.

Opinions appreciated!

ADS

MomToEliEm

Good luck finding a booster seat that works well for you.

Here is a post from just a couple days ago talking about all 3 of the boosters you were mentioning:
http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=57330
Maybe something in that post will give you some info about the seats.

You mentioned retrofitting lower anchors in your car. I don't think that it can be retrofitted in most cars. I do recall volkswagon had some vehicle that could be retrofitted but that was the only one I had heard of. You can usually retrofit the top anchors though.

U

Unregistered

Thanks. I'll check that out. I do have top tethers in 3 positions in my car, just no lower anchors.

Kat_Momof3

I would try your child in the Monterey first... it is very wide and can be too wide for some small kids... but at that height and weight, you should be fine and it would certainly last the longest.

Otherwise, I would go with the Jane or Recaro... both are almost as tall as the Monterey, the Recaro is the narrowest, but the Recaro is not very deep for leg support.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC