Little Einsteins rant

j4m4d8

Has anyone else seen Little Einsteins on Disney? My daughter was sick yesterday, so we watched a LOT of TV, LOL. Anyway, on the one hand they show everyone buckling up and shout "seatbelts buckled" or something like that. Even the little flower was buckled in. So they are thinking some about passenger safety. But the belts are all four point ones that appear to be fastened solely with a chest clip! OK, I know I'm paranoid, but since solely buckling the chest clip can be fatal misuse on a car seat I was rather horrified. And the four point belts in planes fasten down by the waist/hips, not at the chest. Think there is any use in writing something? Or have I gone over the thin line between sanity and insanity? I'd almost rather have them riding around with no belts which it least is clearly unsafe. (Actually, they may have been walking around in Rocket while it was moving anyway; I wasn't paying close attention.)

Julie D.

ADS

Michi

My kids watched the movie "A Series of Unfortunate Events' this past week and there was a couple scenes where all three kids (one of whom is a infant/toddler) were just riding in the back seat of a car sitting on the big bench seat. No seat belts, no car seat - Very UNFORTUNATE indeed!
Granted, I'm sure the car was on a movie set somewhere, and probably not really moving at all, but would it kill Hollywood to at least TRY to promote child passenger safety... even a little???

TXDani

Senior Community Member
Haha Little Einstiens is a cartoon right? I am not sure a letter would do much good...but everything is worth a try if you are passionate about it!

~Danielle

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
hehe I noticed that too. Yes, they sometimes get up and walk around Rocket while it's flying, but then again I sometimes get up in an airplane too.

I thought it was a nice attempt. I don't think my daughter the Safety Nut has never noticed they were only four point harnesses. Besides, I would hope kids have a better grip on reality than that. Who came make something take off just by patting? Can do loop de loops by moving your arms? If that's the case why does it have a joystick? THESE are the questions that bug the heck out of me. Where does Rocket store all of the neat tools and gizmos that pop out of it?

Wendy

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
pablomichi said:
No seat belts, no car seat - Very UNFORTUNATE indeed!
We have this DVD -- Leila freaks out everytime: "Maaaaammmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaa, they *gasp* NOT BUCKLED!" :rolleyes: the train doesn't even phase her as much as that bit alone :D :p

j4m4d8

Actually it doesn't bother me when they show something clearly unsafe. What bothers me in this case is that it looks like they are being safe, and so to an uninformed parent it perpetuates the illusion that a chest clip alone provides protection when in reality it does not. I just wish the buckle was down by their waists and had a red button in the middle.

The day may come when you can control something by patting and waving your arms. Remember the clapper? And Nintendo is coming out with that video game controller that requires whole body movement for its games. Can't help you with the joystick and the gadgets, though.

Simplysomething

Do you guys ever get bothered by older movies? I do---or even movies that were set in the past... When people just sit in that giant front seat, going 70 mph, no seat belts for anyone...
(I used to get really bothered by the rugrats carseats having no chest clips, since I've learned that some carseats don't have them, I've decided that they must have those carseats....and have gone back to being bothered by them losing the babies all the times..)

When was The Series of Unfortunate Events set, anyway? Any specific time, from the previews, it didn't appear to be "now", from the costuming.

Michi

Simplysomething said:
When was The Series of Unfortunate Events set, anyway? Any specific time, from the previews, it didn't appear to be "now", from the costuming.

Hard to say...it was one of those weird movies where they dressed old fashioned, (at least the girls did - the boy looked more normal/modern), and the cars/houses loooked older, but at one point one of the characters gives out his phone number and his FAX number so.....????? It's kind of a "make-believe" era.

beebear23

Senior Community Member
Yeah, we noticed that too. We've been watching it from the first week the first DVD came out. LOL. In fact, DS is watching it at this moment.

Anyway, I did like that they at least made them buckle. And them buckling like that encouraged my DS to finally learn how to buckle his chest clip, so now he does that and I do the rest. But yeah, I did notice that they need another buckle and even commented to my mom and DS about it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC