Question Britax price question

S

smh0216

DD1 is outgrowing her Britax Roundabout in DH's car and I need to get another seat for her. She is 3 1/2 yrs. old, 33 lbs, 38 in.

I've only had her in Britax seats. She is currently in a Regent in my van.

I've been checking out some of the combo seats and I guess I'm trying to decide between the Britax Frontier and the Graco Nautilus.

I'm not sure that I really feel like paying over $250 for the Britax seat, when I can get the Nautilus for around $150.

Can anyone explain to me why Britax seats are so much more expensive than all of the other seats??? Are they made better? Am I compromising my daughter's safety if I put her in a less expensive seat?

:confused:

ADS

crunchierthanthou

I don't think anyone is looking to rehash the debate over Britax seats being worth the price. :whistle:

There's no evidence that they are any more safe than other seats on the market. All seats pass the same minimum standards, but there's just no way to say whether one provides a higher level of safety.

The GN is a great seat with some nice features and that installs well in most vehicles. It has relatively high top harness slots and makes a decent booster. It's definitely worth the price you pay.

The Frontier has a bit higher top slots and is currently the tallest booster on the market. It also has a 9 year expiration in harness mode where the GN is only 6 years for harnessed and high back booster (but 9 for backless).

Are those few things and the Britax name worth double the price? It's hard to say- especially because the Frontier can be a tricky install and is having some cover quality issues- not to mention the as yet unresolved harness concerns.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC