SS1/SR Base Interchangable WARNING!!

arly1983

We all know that the SS1/SR Bases are NOT interchangable per Graco CS and instruction. So thats what we tell people.

Well, they are a little more compatable than I thought in a misleading way.

I put the SS1 in the Safeseat Infant Seat in the Snugride Base and there was an audible snap.

From a quick glance it looks like it fits.

Picture709.jpg

Then I lift up on the handle and notice that the plastic hook in the back is snaped in BUT the front is completely loose.

This is where the hook in the red plastic hook in the back snaped and is locked.

Picture707.jpg

This is where the two metal rings in the front do NOT lock; the metal rings that in a wreck hold the entire infant seat in the base.

So my point is, now from on we say they are not interchangable, we might want add that it will seem like they snap together but will fail in a crash.

Picture708.jpg

(Yes, I had alot of time on my hands tonight :cool:)

ADS

djma

That's a little scary! We do need to change what we say b/c some parents may think "well, I heard the snap".

Man, I miss my SS1.

arly1983

Will the Snug Ride "snap" into the SS1 base?

Don't know yet, my BIL forgot the SS1 base. I can't really blame him, they had a trunk full of my old baby stuff and some of my sisters. It was like a baby shower except nothing was new.

I will be trying it when I can get my hands on it.

hipmaman

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Thanks for 'proving' that :thumbsup:

Will the Snug Ride "snap" into the SS1 base?

I doubt it. From the looks of it, the back hooks and metal brackets are not aligned at the same location for the SS1 and the SR. Maybe, someone with both carseats can turn the seat upside down and take pictures to see if they are of the same spacing and such?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC