What happens in Vegas… (New Products from ABC Kids Expo) - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
What happens in Vegas… (New Products from ABC Kids Expo) - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

A quick blog with photos of the upcoming Clek Oobr and Britax Advocate.  This should quell some anticipation before Heather or I can write more about the ABC Kids Expo!  Both of these should be available by the end of this year or in early 2009.  Not much else to report from the wine and cheese [...]

Please click here to read more at CarseatBlog.Com and please leave us comments at the Blog!

ADS

TerisBoys

Re: What happens in Vegas… (New Products from ABC Kids Expo) - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

Oh that Oobr is too cute! (It's the Monkey one).

Interesting move on Britax's part with the Advocate too.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
Re: What happens in Vegas… (New Products from ABC Kids Expo) - Automated Feed from the Official Car-Seat.Org Blog!

The Oobr IS cute, but it isn't nearly as tall as I was hoping, and I'm not wild about all that exposed titanium - I REALLY Need to see some kids in the seat.

Wineaux

That would be magnesium. If it was titanium, the Oobr would sell for at least a grand... ;) As it is, magnesium has the same tensile strength (it's just as hard) as plastic, so it wouldn't really be any different than any other plastic seat out there. Well, that and from what Clek said, the magnesium is just the back shell. There should actually be very little of it actually "exposed."

remken

I don't care for the monkey cover:duck: I do still love the white shell though.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member

That would be magnesium. If it was titanium, the Oobr would sell for at least a grand... ;) As it is, magnesium has the same tensile strength (it's just as hard) as plastic, so it wouldn't really be any different than any other plastic seat out there. Well, that and from what Clek said, the magnesium is just the back shell. There should actually be very little of it actually "exposed."

Oops! Sorry about that! LOL

I still don't like the idea of something hard being RIGHT THERE.

Mattkarn

I don't like how there is a gap between the head rest and the back portion on the Oobr. I feel like it would be uncomfortable, wouldn't the childs upper back be basically resting on the bars?

I also don't like the monkey cover too much. Not the monkey so much, more the colors of the strips. :eek:

TXDani

Senior Community Member

Those air pockets on the Advocate are very interesting. They would work well for me since I have a kid in a backless booster inbetween two Britax seats. They should make those add-ons that we can put on our exsisting Britax seats!:thumbsup:

Judi

CPST/Firefighter

Gotta play with that booster. Oh, how I wish I was in Las Vegas right now!

capeKO71

I WANT that booster.... that's adorable...

monstah

They should make those add-ons that we can put on our exsisting Britax seats!:thumbsup:

That would be awesome.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member

That would be awesome.

Unfortunately I think we were told this is not going to be possible.

Please come on over to the blog and leave replies for us there!

tiggercat

Isn't magnesium flammable? I'm guessing this must be an alloy that's not?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter

Yes, and not it be put out with water. It does take a lot to get it to burn though.

scatterbunny

As it is, magnesium has the same tensile strength (it's just as hard) as plastic, so it wouldn't really be any different than any other plastic seat out there.

In the Clek Oobr! thread, Michael said that magnesium is harder than plastic:

33% lighter than aluminum with similar structural characteristics
Ten to 20 times higher stiffness at similar plastics density

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus

Wiki says, "Magnesium is a highly flammable metal, but while it is easy to ignite when powdered or shaved into thin strips, it is difficult to ignite in mass or bulk. Once ignited, it is difficult to extinguish..."

Tyler'sMom1117

I want to see the blue material on a black seat. I think that will look awesome! I'm not crazy about the monkey. I like everything about the shape. I think it looks more like the auto seat and will appeal to older kids. I really like how the head rest raises up just like an auto seat would.

Will the cup attachment be sold seperately to fit on an Olli? I have an Olli that needs one. LOL

Aprroximate price?

fyrfightermomma

I don't know how worried about comfort I would be with the metal bars exposed behind the child's neck. Think about your adult car seat. If you need to adjust the head rest (I do) it clicks up and identical metal bars are there just the same as this. I've never felt them as I'm sure many others haven't. Probably the same concept. They are in the middle of the cushion, away from the body...so you are flush with the fabric and cushion, not the bars.

smurf

I don't know how worried about comfort I would be with the metal bars exposed behind the child's neck. Think about your adult car seat. If you need to adjust the head rest (I do) it clicks up and identical metal bars are there just the same as this. I've never felt them as I'm sure many others haven't. Probably the same concept. They are in the middle of the cushion, away from the body...so you are flush with the fabric and cushion, not the bars.

Exactly what I was thinking.
I love this seat, it seems like the perfect blend of form and function. I can't to see it IRL.
And the monkey print is the bestest cover I've ever seen! A cover that looks like it's made for a child, not some boring grey or tan or whatever that matches the car's interior (yawn!). I wonder why Pixar hasn't released a car seat cover, I bet booster seat use would increase dramatically.

scatterbunny

I said much the same thing in the Clek Oobr! thread. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC