Tell me about infant seats

popsicle

So it's been a while since I had an infant seat. I didn't know anything about car seats when I had DS and I ended up with a horrible 3 point rear adjust discovery that my MIL bought me. I haaaated it.

So, now that I know I'm having another boy, it's time to think about picking out a seat. Here's what I have to think about.

I will only be using the carrier feature for a few months while it's cold, so I don't really need a 30 pound seat.

It will need to fit between my son's radian and my nieces nautilus in my mom's '01 Escape.

I don't have LATCH in my car. so it needs to install well with lap/shoulder belt.

reccomendations?

ADS
i know that the combi connection is a narrow seat and base. i have one but haven't gotten to use it yet. people on here seem to like the keyfit30 but since you don't need the high weight limit i'm not sure its worth your cost. i would take your moms escape with the other two seat in it one day and go try out some seats at babies r us if there is one near you. then you would know for sure. if not get a measurement of the space so we can see what we have to work with. also are the seats in her car installed with latch or belt. (i know you don't have latch) but if hers are with latch and you change to seatbelt install you may be able to get an extra inch to work with.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
I have a KeyFit 22. I can see if it fits next to my Nautilus if you'd like. I know it doesn't fit between a Nautilus and Scenera in a Malibu Maxx.

Susan

crunchierthanthou

If it were me, I'd probably be snapping up a keyfit during the aafes sale. didn't you post there that you had access?

It's one of the most narrow, installs super easy with either LATCH or seatbelt and fits tiny babies as well as most 1 year olds (you could leave it in grandma's car after you're done with it full time).

If that's not what you're looking for, what's your budget and what do you drive?

popsicle

If it were me, I'd probably be snapping up a keyfit during the aafes sale. didn't you post there that you had access?

It's one of the most narrow, installs super easy with either LATCH or seatbelt and fits tiny babies as well as most 1 year olds (you could leave it in grandma's car after you're done with it full time).

If that's not what you're looking for, what's your budget and what do you drive?

My dad has access. I keep forgetting to get his social so I can log in and check to see if they ship free to AK. I might just do that if they do. I didn't know it was one of the narrower ones.

It'll be going in an '01 Chevy Monte Carlo (no LATCH), an '07 Ford F-150 (outboard, LATCH) and an '01 Ford Escape (probably center so no LATCH)

As far as budget, whatever it takes to get what I need. I wouldn't pay full price for a keyfit since I don't really need it, but I can handle the sale price.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC