Which seat to take on flight/vacation?

hsjwmom

We are flying to Pennsylvania at the end of the month and will be there for 9 days. Dd3 is in a KF right now, but I also have a RA here for her to use. I'm debating which seat to bring for her. I did purchase a ticket for her, so we will be using the seat on the plane.

As for a stroller, I have a Mac Quest and a Chicco C1. I LOVE my C1, but I was planning to take the Quest because it is so much lighter. I'm going to see if it's possible to secure either of the seats on the Quest. I'll be wearing the baby in a pouch, so the seat just has to be secure enough to not fall off, not hold the baby or anything.

I'm leaning toward taking the RA because if I take the KF, I would bring the base also. I just don't see having to install and unistall the bucket and messing with a rolled up towel (for the recline) for the whole visit.

Anything I'm missing? Any thoughts or suggestions?

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I would take the KF, but I would also not bring the base either. I find the infant seat way easier to travel w/ than a convertible and I neer take our bases w/ us.

emandbri

I agree, I would take the key fit without the base. I'm assuming it can be used without the base? Most infant seats can.

If you take the roundabout you run the risk of unknowledgeable flight attendants making you use it forward facing, would be less likely with the key fit.

Kat_Momof3

I have to say the easiest way to travel would be infant seat without the base.

without the base, it would take up less space, be easier to install without getting a belt extender, and you could definitely put it on the quest (put it facing forward and use a bungee in the belt guides and woven around the handle (put the handle in carry position... thread it through one guide, wrap around handle, then thread through other guide)

you can do it with the quest reclined or partially reclined.

I think it will also be easier for installing in whatever car, because you won't need to remove baby to do an installation and the seat is lighter weight for carrying with baby in or out.

hsjwmom

Thanks for the input, ladies! I guess I'll go with the KF, then. :)

I may pack the base anyway for use in the rental, just because I really don't like trying to get the angle right in a bucket without a base. (Total lack of practice and don't feel like trying now in Houston's 90+ weather) I think I'll have room to pack it with dds' booster backs.

Now, should I rethink the stroller? I'll make a new post in the stroller forum so you can please help me decide. :D

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC