ss1 fraying

MySillyKids

My Jenny ss1 has been fraying for a while now, and got a TON worse. I called graco, and they sent me a fedex label to mail in the ss1. Its getting stuck in the adjusting thingie you push on.

IMG_0539.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg

They asked if i had a seat to use while this one was sent in. I said yes. I have a snugride. I checked her in it, but it too small :(

So, i'm going to have to call graco and ask them what to do

(i'm frantically selling stuff to get a marathon) I'm up to $80. W00t. Lol

ETA: do i send in the base?

ADS

MySillyKids

Heck yea, she's got MASSIVE bottom teeth lol.

riiight lol

that'd be scary. Imagine my nursing equipment. Holy! :eek: LOL!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Both of mine looked like that. I sent my first one back b/c of that and the canopy issues I was having (I had to send the whole thing back, base, cover, etc) and the one they sent me back did the same thing, if not a little worse. I just figured it's what happened w/ this seat?

MySillyKids

huh!

She said i could keep my cover and canopy (because its a jenny and they don't have any more)

Ya i figured i'd throw in the base in the box too.

Did they send you a new in box seat again?

She said its not a replaceable part, and that i'd get a new seat in box.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Yes, I got the exact same seat back, but it took forever. A good month at least. I had to call and she had to find my seat and then get a new one out to me. Thankfully I had other seats.

NannyMom

That happened to my seat as well. Unfortunately, I let it go too long (didn't realize what a safety issue it was). I'd had the seat over a year so I had to pay the shipping myself. A week or 2 later, I got a new seat (sitting in the box waiting for baby #2 someday).

xxluckychicxx

Both of mine looked like that. I sent my first one back b/c of that and the canopy issues I was having (I had to send the whole thing back, base, cover, etc) and the one they sent me back did the same thing, if not a little worse. I just figured it's what happened w/ this seat?

What was wrong with the canopy? On my Kasey SS1 the canopy will NOT stay up any more. It is constantly falling down, almost as bad as the Evenflo Discoveries :mad:. I've only had it for about 3 months and its really a PITA.

MySillyKids

Ah! okay.

I need to get her seat out today, i'll need to find a fed ex station to drop it off at.

Thanks everyone, i can't wait to get the new seat back! :)

cpsaddict

What was wrong with the canopy? On my Kasey SS1 the canopy will NOT stay up any more. It is constantly falling down, almost as bad as the Evenflo Discoveries :mad:. I've only had it for about 3 months and its really a PITA.

Both of my sisters SS1's do this. One is the Eclipse pattern from BRU and the other is the Laguna Green from Albeebaby. The Eclipse is not nearly as bad as the Laguna, but they both still practically fall off the back of the seat.

CrabbyBunchX3

Both of my sisters SS1's do this. One is the Eclipse pattern from BRU and the other is the Laguna Green from Albeebaby. The Eclipse is not nearly as bad as the Laguna, but they both still practically fall off the back of the seat.

The pierson pattern did that as well. I removed mine because I hardly ever used it.

Misty-Bug

can you call them and ask them to send you another seat and you will send the old back in the box? Tell her you don't have another seat to use.

When my radian was replaced I got the new seat THEN sent back the old one. To me it doesn't make sense for them to expect you to send in your seat and not have something else to use because of a factory fault. :twocents: :whistle:

thepeach80

Senior Community Member

That's what mine did too. The new one I got did the same thing basically, not as bad I don't think though. I didn't use the canopy except in the summer and when it was up it wasn't a problem.

Austillmkc

Hi, I mainly lurk here but wanted to add that my SS1 did exactly the same thing. I Called the company and they sent me a shipping label. I packed up the car seat, stripped down because they said I could keep the "fabric". The box i had was not big enough for the base, so I did not send it back. I sent it back and two weeks later I recieved a brand new car seat, pad , base and all. The pad wasn't the same one I had but that was fine.

:) Kathi

Kat_Momof3

I would call her back and tell her you have no other seat to use... Britax lets you give a credit card number for security (basically, in case you don't return the older seat within 30-60 days... don't remember which) and sends the new seat first... see if Graco will do that.

otherwise, if they won't, why not pick up a safety 1st Avenue in the meantime?

MySillyKids

I bought an Allie Marathon today :whistle:

So it can go back on monday.

i'll use the SS1 still in DH's car when we get the new one.

arly1983

That is so odd. My sister dropped off my SS1 (10/05 DOM) and its been through 3 kids so far and it looks pristine...and never any problems but then I baby my seats.

Congrats, Miss K (and mom) on the new Allie Marathon!

Dillipop

My SS1 was doing that too, but when I tightened the harness, the fray was outside the adjustment mechanism, so I never worried about it. (Does that make sense?) If I hadn't dropped the SS1 down the stairs (with DS in it :( , he was fine, but the seat cracked), I probably would have called Graco about it, since he was almost out of the seat and I was worried it could get worse if we used it for another baby.

I think it happened because I didn't always pull the strap straight out.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC