need to replace top tether on a regent

ADS

kate4478

hmm...i'm not sure how either. when i get home maybe i can look at it and maybe take some pics. why are you having to replace it?

vangelder03

please help my sons friend a 5yr old over 50lb will be going out with us
installed regent with seat belt and tried tether realized tether latch was broken
over 50lbs requires it received new one britax no help with instructions need it fixed by thurs or he will end up using his booster seat trying to avoid my son seeing his friends in a booster seat

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I think the reason you're not getting answers to this is that Britax has made so many changes to the Regent that no one can know for sure how to replace the tether on your particular seat. For example, if I go out and look at my Husky and tell you how I'd replace the tether on it, it could be completely different than what you need to do with your Regent.

If you remove the cover, you should be able to see how the current tether is attached; then just put the new tether on using the opposite steps of removing the old one.

vangelder03

I think the reason you're not getting answers to this is that Britax has made so many changes to the Regent that no one can know for sure how to replace the tether on your particular seat. For example, if I go out and look at my Husky and tell you how I'd replace the tether on it, it could be completely different than what you need to do with your Regent.

If you remove the cover, you should be able to see how the current tether is attached; then just put the new tether on using the opposite steps of removing the old one.

husband removed tether and than asked me how to install the new one so as of right now we are the proud owners of a harnessed tv chair but on the upside the kids love it

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
We could probably get pics from someone, but I'd prefer it if it was of a Regent with a similar manufacture date. Don't the newer ones have the rip-stitch tethers? Or is that just the Britax convertibles? I seem to recall the ones with the rip-stitch tethers are installed a bit differently.

Kat_Momof3

If no one else can get pictures, I'll go make the BRU staff scratch their heads about the crazy lady pulling apart the Regent on Monday (my BRU still has it instead of the Frontier, or at least they did the last time I was there a couple months ago).

If they don't have it anymore, I'll go to USA Baby.

I just want to do this with no kids... or I'd do it sooner.

TerisBoys

Honestly, I'd be calling Britax again and worknig your way up the ladder. Because SOMEONE there knows how to put the tether on.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Honestly, I'd be calling Britax again and worknig your way up the ladder. Because SOMEONE there knows how to put the tether on.

I agree with Teri. No way would I give up until Britax provided me with instructions.

Alternatively, you might want to start a new thread and title it something like "Need to replace top tether on Jan 08 Regent - need pics" - I bet someone could help. It may be that this thread is just getting overlooked because it's a little old. :twocents:

Kat_Momof3

I agree with Teri. No way would I give up until Britax provided me with instructions.

Alternatively, you might want to start a new thread and title it something like "Need to replace top tether on Jan 08 Regent - need pics" - I bet someone could help. It may be that this thread is just getting overlooked because it's a little old. :twocents:

I just still haven't had a chance to go to BRU... it's been raining and now I don't have my van... and dh's car is low on gas.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC