Do I want a parkway for $59?

arly1983

I can't decide. Its a great price. Color would be granite or brownstone. It fits J well already (and C too and she is a shorty).

I probably wouldn't be using it for the next 1 or 1.5 yrs. J turns 4 in Jan and is already 42 lbs.

I had wondered about J being mature enough but weirdly enough he is becoming very rigid about things like how his straps in his carseat lay and on 3 occaisions recently has pitched major fits when someone didn't buckle him in right (wasn't me:cool:) I might feel ok with occaisional booster use if he is mature enough in a year or so.

So is it a good enough deal to get one or should I just wait and see what else comes out.

ADS

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Hmmm...if I had the $ I'd have a hard time saying no. It would be a better backup than the my FPSVB. ;)

solmama

Of course! You know you want one! I have one for my dd, for occasional use, and she loves it.

scatterbunny

I think every family needs at least one Parkway. :cool:

My purple Parkway is on the truck for delivery as I type this. :eek:

melniemi

I thought you bought a $59 parkway last winter or something? To use for your cousin or something? I could be thinking of someone else.

I bought 2 $59 parkways from Albee. I like them fine.

Kat_Momof3

where can I find one?

The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking that, if there is a field trip that I can't drive on, I will put her in a booster.

The fisher price safe voyage booster we have would be fine, but the parkway is pretty much error-proof (all the parents seem to be competent at the shoulder guides... it's the armrests some have problems with, from what I see in the parking lot).

Kat_Momof3

OOh... I just noticed the sale on the Vivo and Vivo Light... now that's even more tempting... pink and grey... 59.99 and 69.99 (opposite order)

scatterbunny

BuyBuyBaby has blue and purple (not college) Parkways for $59.99. Shipping is a tad more than Albee, but it was worth it for me to not have to deal with the bright orange Virginia college cover. :p Total price was $73.xx.

The pink/gray Vivo Lite is sooo tempting, because it will be a good low-profile outboard booster in my Focus for my TALL dd, and it's on sale a few places right now, but I'm 99% sure I have no chance of fitting that in the center, where I'd like to keep dd if possible, when she has a friend with us. The Parkway is so great for working in tight spots, I just couldn't resist snatching one up before they're all gone. :eek:

Morganthe

Arly,
you know you're going to start running the gamut looking for that utimately perfect Booster seat -- why postpone the agony?

BUY IT! You know ya wanna!

:p

arly1983

where can I find one?

The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking that, if there is a field trip that I can't drive on, I will put her in a booster.

The fisher price safe voyage booster we have would be fine, but the parkway is pretty much error-proof (all the parents seem to be competent at the shoulder guides... it's the armrests some have problems with, from what I see in the parking lot).

Oh, thats a good point, it does seem idiot proof and its tall, and well, narrow.

I would be getting mine from aafes.com but everyone else posted some good links.

If I could find a PW in Canada, I'd be willing to pay full retail (or close to it) for it. I considered picking one up when they were still in stock at my local baby store, but decided against it, figuring there'd be something better available soon enough. Haven't found anything better, especially for 3 across, but they're sold out everywhere.

$59 sounds like a great deal to me!

wendy1221

THe Parkway is GREAT. I agree w/ the poster who said every family needs one, at least for a spare. ROFL!

Ds has a Monterey now, but he said the Parway he had was just as comfy. It was definitely smaller!

TerisBoys

Arly,
you know you're going to start running the gamut looking for that utimately perfect Booster seat -- why postpone the agony?

BUY IT! You know ya wanna!

:p

IF that's the case, she needs to start saving for a Start LOL.

In 8 years, I have not found 'the perfect' booster. If the Vivo had a deeper seat or a depth adjustable seat it'd be close to perfect though!

houseofboys

BuyBuyBaby has blue and purple (not college) Parkways for $59.99. Shipping is a tad more than Albee, but it was worth it for me to not have to deal with the bright orange Virginia college cover. :p
Hey! My little guy loves his bright orange Tennessee cover. He thinks the "T" is for his first name - and who am I to tell him otherwise? :whistle:

Morganthe

IF that's the case, she needs to start saving for a Start LOL.

I had a Start.

DD HATED it!

I even have pictures of her looking completely miserable, shifting into a sheer look of joy when I said "Okay, we'll get you a Pretty Pink Harness seat." :rolleyes:

It's an awesome seat, but very intimidating in a camry. And since I don't know where we'll be 4 or 5 years down the road.... I sold it.
Hope someone in El Paso is having a great time with it. :love:

scatterbunny

We had the same experience with the Start in my Ford Focus. In my Windstar, it was great...in the Focus, not so much, pretty overwhelming.

Kat_Momof3

thanks for the info! GRRR... ruthie is growth spurting again... argh... taking after Damian... I had to move her Nautilus to the top slots and I have to check her in the Radian, because she may be getting close to outgrowing it!

I also have to weigh her before I use latch again with the Nautilus, since she's growing this fast, she may have hit 48lbs.

I live in VA, and we like orange, but I'm just not sure if I want it in dh's car... he likes things to blend... I think Purple would stand out a lot less against the black interior.

UGH.

So I think I should take advantage of this sale... dh and I were talking about it when I got back from dropping her at pre-k, and he hates the Radian in his car anyway (using it, not it being there), rare as it is... he says whatever I want to do, it's up to me.... but he'll keep using the Radian until she outgrows it... just that if I make sure the next seat is super easy, he'll appreciate it... I think that was a hint for a parkway... he loved the no armrests to worry about.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC