Has anyone stopped using their Frontier?

mish

The title says it all. Does the harness problem make you nervous to use your seat? Mine is sitting in my kitchen right now. I will probably start using it again, but right now I am a little nervous. I have an extra seat right now.

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm still using mine..I just went to a lot of trouble to install it and Leah LOVES it... we barely adjust the harness at all though :eek:

emars002

Mine went from the minivan, to the living room to the closet last night - there is a TF in its place - i could not recreate the problem - what should I do? am i being paranoid??????:shrug-shoulders:

emandbri

I don't have one yet but was planning to buy one. I'm now going to wait to see if they fix this first. :mad:

Heather98012

No, I really don't have another option. I could install her old Triumph, but she's 39 lbs...& well, we know weight can vary from day to day, so that doesn't really work.

<sigh> So far my straps seem tight, but I haven't unistalled yet to check the splitter plate. This is freaking me out a bit.

mish

If I didn't have a choice I would continue to use mine. I do though, so I'm not right now. Adam loves his too, so he wants it back. Maybe I will let him sit in it to watch tv this afternoon. Maybe I am being ridiculous. My DH said he doesn't want me using it though, and he usually leaves car seat stuff up to me.

seamonkeys

Still using mine.

Rarely make adjustments. If it's a little too tight, I tell DS1 to take a breath - when he does I pull the adjuster tab and it releases just enough to make it not too tight. Or I may pull to make it a tad tighter. But I rarely pull the harness way out.

has nayine thought about duck taping over the slot in the splitter plate. i mean if it doesn't snag thern it wouldn't fold over. i played with one a schoolmate of my dd has and it seemed as though it folded then snagged in the splitter plate and came out. so if it couldn't snag then it couldn't slide off or fold over....just a thought for those who have to use the seat....till britax can fix it.

fyrfightermomma

Mine was sold to a friend the day before this all came up.

WHen I went to her house to try to replicate it, I could. It was still in her basement at the time, not in the car. But I no longer own it so there's not much I could do.

I tried to explain to her what the issue was, but she didn't seem very receptive. I am hoping she listens, because my seat was one that did it multiple times!

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
I haven't reinstalled ours yet and I'm ambivalent about doing so. I haven't been able to replicate the problem uninstalled. The strap came off the splitter when I tried Trudy's loosening on one side experiment while it was still installed in my van over the weekend. DD2 can ride in our Radian80 in the meantime, and the 90 degree temps we've had here the past couple of days haven't been so conducive to rushing into reinstalling the Frontier, either. :eek:

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I don't have one, but we rarely adjust the straps on any of the seats, esepecially AJ's (my only ffer). I guess I would keep using it and just not adjust it? I don't know, tough question. Would some duck tape or electrical tape work just over the gap to keep it from being able to come off? That seemed like a good idea.

zactayaus

Still using mine.

Rarely make adjustments. If it's a little too tight, I tell DS1 to take a breath - when he does I pull the adjuster tab and it releases just enough to make it not too tight. Or I may pull to make it a tad tighter. But I rarely pull the harness way out.

I do the same exact thing, and yes I am still using mine.

tl01

I don't have one yet but was planning to buy one. I'm now going to wait to see if they fix this first. :mad:

:yeahthat:
If they don't figure something out quickly.. I think I'll get a Signo. I"m going to go see how DS fits in it either today or tomorrow.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
The title says it all. Does the harness problem make you nervous to use your seat? Mine is sitting in my kitchen right now. I will probably start using it again, but right now I am a little nervous. I have an extra seat right now.

Still using mine daily. The straps are not going to come off spontaneously.

Until we know more, it's a good idea to double check to make sure the straps are securely on the splitter plate. Then, when adjusting the straps, follow the advice from Britax until we get further guidance.

Misty-Bug

I don't have one but I am now thinking that I definately don't want one. :eek:

Mine was sold to a friend the day before this all came up.

WHen I went to her house to try to replicate it, I could. It was still in her basement at the time, not in the car. But I no longer own it so there's not much I could do.

I tried to explain to her what the issue was, but she didn't seem very receptive. I am hoping she listens, because my seat was one that did it multiple times!

you know what? honestly if it was me I would give her money back and suggest a different seat. You would feel HORRIBLE if something happened to the child. And who is to say you don't get blamed. KWIM :twocents: :eek:

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
Still using ours. We don't adjust the harness much so I'm ok using it. I do hope that Britax addresses this issue, though. It makes me very uncomfortable.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Using mine once a week. Will keep a close eye on it though. Thinking about switching out with an MA when it comes in the mail.

mish

After reading everything I could about this issue, I am going to start using mine. I originally took it out while I decided what I should do about it. I feel like mine is fine to use. I will continue to keep an eye on it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC