Evan and Ilana in their new Avenues

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Just a few pics b/c I wanted to show them off, the kids and the seats, lol. ;) Evan is almost 45 mos, 27# and 36" and just even w/ the 3rd slots. Ilana is 22 mos tomorrow, 32" and about 25# and just even w/ the 3rd slots (maybe a hair under, the cover and slots don't line up well)! Yes, she has the extreme torso like her older brother had. :)
Sept08002.jpg
Sept08004.jpg

Sept08003.jpg

ADS

skipspin

Aw, so cute!

Someday, in my dreams I will have a child over the age of three that can ride RFing. LOL. I guess I'd also have to get a seat that went to 35#s since I don't have any.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Nope, but we don't usually use noodles w/ them. I can get them in and reclined enough for them w/ no noodles. I'll have to pull some out and try though. ;)

Joy, just don't feed the kids and they'll make it to 3. :) AJ was 34# at 34 mos so went ffing then permanantly, it's funny to see Evan still rfing, especially next to his sister. You can see how much longer his legs are than hers in that pic.

U

Unregistered

I agree. I am lucky if my kids make it to 2 years old rearfacing. I have had to turn everyone around that time, because they are 35 pounds. Thank goodness for more high weight options.

emandbri

Aw how cute! I can't believe how big Ilana is after being so tiny! look at those chubby thighs!

You are making me want to drive up to see them in person! :D

Mommy2Marcus

YAY for bigger RF kiddos! The Avenue fits bigger RF kiddos well doesn't it! You have some cute kids! Thanks for sharing!

laccaycol

Oh my they are getting sooo big. (lol found your post) Ilana has gotten so big about the same weight as Colton he is 26 pounds, she was always so small but she caught up, I guess she doesn't want to be the smallest after all:p

They look so cute in their Avenues, Love the pink and brown on Ilana's seat. I wish they made a blue and brown seat for boys.:D

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
It's good to see you here, she did catch up didn't she?! I thought Sears had a cream/brown one that was really cute. I think I like their pink one better too, but I didn't want to pay shipping. ;) O.K. who am I kidding, I didn't want to wait for them to come! lol

sunnymw

lol Jennifer they are so adorable!! And she's still heavier than my pumpkin, I think he's just breaking 23lbs!

jewlsvern

Did you find the install fairly easy? I just bought this seat today for my 18 mo old. I fought with the Scenara for 1 hour and I am hoping to not have to do that with the Avenue.

Did you use LATCH or the seat belt or both and if so which was easier?

Your kids are cute. I love the girly seat but DH but his foot down and said no girly seat in his car. So we got the black one.

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I used seatbelt at first, but the kids found a way to unbuckle them when playing (the seat next to it was out so that's why) so I switched to LATCH just in case. I don't have any problems getting it in and I find it a lot easier than the Scenera. The Scenera has never been super dificult, but I still have to work at it sometimes when they come into checks. Some people have had problems getting it reclined right b/c of the cutout in the bottom of the seat, but my kids are older and it's not as big of a deal.

Kat_Momof3

I'm another one jealous of kids who make it to 3. Ruthie only made it to 2.5yrs because she had dropped weight after hitting 35lbs at 23mo to go back down to 30lbs... and she didn't hit 33lbs again until then.

In my dreams, she would have made it to age 3 or 4.

kate4478

wow, your kiddo's have grown! i've seen many pics of your 2 boys when they were younger. evan has changed alot. the last pic i remember seeing of ilana was in her ss1, when she was little. i love her curl's!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC