Snugride with rear-adjuster

hunypooh77

Snugride with rear-adjuster..updated w/pic

My cousin came over with her family and new 8 week old baby girl on Sun. I went to take the baby out of her seat and said "wow her straps are really loose" my cousins dh said "oh we just loosened them when we got here" I didnt think anything of it and proceeded to hug and cuddly the new baby.

Then when they were leaving her dh put her back in the seat and buckled her up and left the straps loose with the chest clip up to her neck. I said "she is too loose it needs to be tight enough so that you cant pinch the harness together" and showed them what I meant. They have the snugride with the rear harness adjusters...so there is no way they had loosened it when they got here. Mine had the front adjuster and I hadnt realised theirs didnt until just then.
So he then wrestled for a minute with the adjusters and got them a little more snug and siad "oh well shes not going anywhere" I said "yeah not until you have an accident and her straps are still too loose" He then rolled his eyes and took the baby out to the car.

Now all I can think about is the baby not being secure in her seat and wondering if they even have the base installed right. They are not exactly the brightest two parents when it comes to stuff like that....

Here is what I mean..just picture the chest clip up to the neck though...

Copyof2.jpg

Last edited:
ADS
when you say cousin and her family..is this their first kid do they have an older one, was it just her and her husband. who are you closet to that is close to her. i would call to appolgize in case they thought you were being rude..(you weren't) just to get them to listem to you. then just explain that you were concerned about the straps on the baby because you don't want to see anything bad happen. see if maybe you could convince her to go to a seat check with you. that you need to get you seat checked cuz you don't think its right. even if she won't take her car but comes with you let he put the base and infant seat in your car. they would check the infant seat and she could watch to see how wrong she was doing it. then you could help her reinstall it in her car when you got home. that way you know it would be right. and the straps if you make them to tight they are bound to just loosen them again. so i would tighten them to where they would still allow them to put baby in with a sweater or sweatshirt seeing as the cold weather is coming. then buy them a cover that just goes over the seat so they won't have to put baby in a snowsuit. i knows its still not the best buts its a compromise you may have to make to try to make her safer then she currently is.

edited to say you could always let them borrow your front adjust snugide if it means they would tighten the harness...those rear things are a pita

hunypooh77

She got this... http://www.gracobaby.com/catalog/product.aspx?modelNumber=7F07EMA3&CategoryID=12

And also everything else pink to match...mine isnt pink so I really doubt her borrowing it would be an option...plus it wont match her stroller (she is a bit vain)
They also have an 8 year old son...who at 4 was still in a too small overhead shield seat. They are pretty much clueless.
Unfortunately there arent many seat checks around here and its hard enough to get together with her in the first place...But I may be going to her house on Fri night, if so I will try to bring it up if I can.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC