Check expire dates at burlington coat factory

purplemama

I was out shopping by myself saturday(oh what a treat that was, thanks my wonderful hubby) and of course I was playing with car seats at several stores and at burlington coat factory some of the seats they had there (the titan, triumph, tribute, comfort sport) had manufacture dates of mid-to late '07 and expiry of Dec '13. I was pretty dismayed by this because that would only give you a little over five years of use from right now. I would have thought that they would sell seats a little faster than that, it's in a busy area and a pretty busy store.
So I learned a big lesson there for when we bought our second titan yesterday at target. It has a july '08 manufacture date and a dec '14 expiry date. We got the parsley titan dlx (ugly in the store but looks good in my truck). The delux has a better head pillow than the regular titan. So I had two more installs yesterday because we moved the black and blue titan to my DH car (color issue, his car is red, green car seat there would have been kinda icky) and put the green titan in my truck. I was pretty easy from all the experience I've gotten lately first with the uptowns and now with the titans. Overall, after several car rides, my DS likes the titan much better and so do we, it's so easy to get him in and out of and he seems much more comfortable.

ADS
our baby depot store is litk that too. i asked once when i was looking at the nautilus. they said its because although they are busy they don't sell as many seats as you would think. around here they don't carry the scenera or seats in that price range and people get them at walmart instead. they also don't sell many of their titans and comfortsports. i always check the dom before i buy in store. the good thing is the comfortsport you probably would never need the six years same wth the triumph 5.

U

Unregistered

Were they full price still? I won't want to pay full price for an old carseat.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
As a Baby Depot manager, I will tell you that we are taught not the sell the floor models. So, at a lot of stores, they will sit, until they are no longer carried by the store. At that time, they will be marked down.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC