I hope this means they are changing the laws in FL

Midwife@heart

I was in the Metrorail this weekend and had to take a pic of the new carseat safety campaign.

IMG_3543.jpg

IMG_3544.jpg

I wished the little girl in this pic wasn't in a no back booster though :(
IMG_3545.jpg

IMG_3546.jpg

ADS
it gives hope but itis still a confusing poster...bound to be interpreted wrong.
0-18 months infants rear facing car seat....some people are going to take this as use your infant car seat till 18 months (putting children in them over the weight and possibly height limits of the seats) they should show a regular convertible seat rf next to it
18month to 40 lb toddler forward facing toddler seat....its a pretty good one minus of course the little girl in the backless booster (should show the saem convertible as in photo 1 ff this time)
40 to 100lb kids booster with lap and shoulder belt....with this was a highback booster also one for a smaller kid about 60 lbs then show a no back for an almost 100lb kid...but at lesat it clearly states lap AND shoulder belt
12 yrs and up lap and shoulder belt....no hope that kids 12or over are going to be in a booster anymore regardless how the belt fits unless the kid really wants to use it and bugs the parents.

no the less at least its out there for people to see hopefully it can help eliminate 5 yr olds in seatbelts

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
WOW! That's amazing! :thumbsup: Only a little confusing, that middle picture 18months to 4 possibly kind of indicating a booster, but otherwise, WOW! :D

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
The grammar is driving me nuts, but hey, it's a step in the right direction. ETA: I guess it's more a lack of punctuation than grammar.

tanyaandallie

Senior Community Member
I agree, very poorly worded. It doesn't look like it means the law is changing to me. But hopefully it's a sign that change is coming!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC