Car Seat Commercial on TLC

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I fell asleep watching Jon & Kate this afternoon, and as I was waking up, I heard, "90% of car seats are installed incorrectly, so before you take your baby home, stop by the fire station to blah blah blah." (I didn't hear exactly what it said...and I didn't get my glasses on in time to actually SEE any of it.)

I thought it was kind of ironic given all the hideous car seat misuse on their shows (Jon & Kate excepted), but still a good reminder. Directing people to a web resource to find a tech might be more helpful, too, but hopefully if people stop by their fire station, the nice firefighters will point them toward a certified person if they don't have any there.

The PSA was "a friendly reminder from TLC" (or something like that).

Has anyone else seen this? Sorry if it's old news. I TiVo everything, so I rarely see actual commercials :eek:

ADS

my2kidsSafe

i saw that too and thought the exact same as you. I want to say it was during either the episode today about the cupcakes, or the one where jon made the korean food.

kmcenery

I have sent them an email about bringing home baby and told them they should a certifed tech in their crew. I have also seen some posts on their chat boards about car seats not being right. So maybe their are trying to fix it some how. I did see on bringing home baby that the harness is covered in a blanket now and they are not showing it but I also dont watch it all the time.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC