Our experience flying with Scenera

AlisonR80

We flew from Detroit to Orlando, roughly a 2.5 hour flight. The Scenera was fairly easy to install on the plane, though it was up against the seat in front of it, impeding the recline of that seat. I don't know how a larger seat would possibly fit RF in a plane unless you sat at the bulkhead. On the flight down we were assigned seats in the row behind the emergency exit row. Right before takeoff the F.A. was doing her last check and said "that can't be there" referring to the car seat. Great :mad: There were 2 off duty FA's sitting right in front of us, it would have been nice if they had told us we couldn't sit there before it was time to take off. So we had to switch rows with the people behind us.
After that we were on our way and E fell asleep in his scenera and slept almost the whole flight. There was a couple with a lap baby in the row across from us and i'm sure they were quite envious that we had a sleeping baby while they wrestled the entire flight with their baby. Lesson there...buy a ticket for your baby and it will be smooth flying. So glad we did.

The flight home went smoothly, baby slept 2 hours and we had a peaceful flight. I did have to hold his head up for awhile because it was falling forward during takeoff and until the plane leveled out.

I doubt we'll be flying again anytime soon, but if we do we'll surely bring the scenera :thumbsup:

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Glad you had a great time and an easy trip! Bigger seats do fit rear facing. They go more upright and they completely rest against the seat in front of them, which isn't a problem, other than for the person trying to recline. Bulkhead rows can be tough for carseats because the armrests don't lift up and it's tough to get your hands in there to buckle and tighten.

Wendy

Mommy2Marcus

Glad you had a great flight & an easy time with the baby! I am quite sure the lap baby couple was envious! Thanks for sharing your experience!

VLsMom

We flew with our Scenera last year and we'll be doing it again next month with 2 kids each in a Scenera. We bought each kid a seat too...so thankful we did! I couldn't imagine wrestling with my 2 yr old and 8 month old not in car seats.

U

Unregistered

Good it went so great. My neighbor flew this week with her son. They are still gone. Can't wait to hear how it went. She wasn't going to take her carseat until I talked to her. Her son is 2 years old.

Citrine

we flew a few weeks ago and we did not buy a ticket for our almost 2yr old. She sat b/w me and my 4yr old. There were times i felt we should have spent the $230. Next time we fly we will have to pay and the car seat is coming no matter what hubby says. I did see my fair share of car seats in the airport, most britax and a few infant seats

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC