When you loosen a harness do you pull on one shoulder strap or both?....

Do you pull one shoulder strap or two?

• I pull one strap

Votes: 45 45.5%
  • I used to pull one strap but now I'm doing two

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I've always done two

Votes: 42 42.4%
  • other

Votes: 7 7.1%

• Total voters

emandbri

I was curious after reading the thread about the frontier straps coming off the splitter plate.

ADS

Jewels

Senior Community Member
Well I don't have a Frontier but for the most part I loosen the straps and to do so I pull at the chest clip so that the straps loosen equally.

You mean that some people just pull one strap to loosen :confused:

emars002

I used to pull one but since the recent problem was discovered, i am going to make a conscience effort to pull both!

crunchierthanthou

I pull both, but it has nothing to do with the Frontier. It's a habit from using the single strapped Scenera. They get lopsided easily and I can't stand always having to fix uneven straps. Pulling the chest clip doesn't work for me because I'm usually only loosening when I'm putting the child back in.

featherhead

I pull both, but it has nothing to do with the Frontier. It's a habit from using the single strapped Scenera. They get lopsided easily and I can't stand always having to fix uneven straps. Pulling the chest clip doesn't work for me because I'm usually only loosening when I'm putting the child back in.

Yup, I usually only loosen when I'm putting my dd in, so I grab one strap.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Well I don't have a Frontier but for the most part I loosen the straps and to do so I pull at the chest clip so that the straps loosen equally.

You mean that some people just pull one strap to loosen :confused:

:yeahthat: I slide my hand under the chest clip and pull out.

LuvMyGirls

I usually slip my fingers under the chest clip to loosen and tighten the straps on Meredith's ComfortSport. I didn't need to loosen the straps on the Radian to get her out.

sunnymw

One strap, but I only ever do it when I realize that our LAST trip was with sposies and THIS time we're in cloth :ROTFLMAO:

scatterbunny

Ditto. I always grab right at/just below the chest clip and pull there to loosen both sides evenly.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Same here, I'm in the habit of pulling both via the still buckled chest clip. I had to go against that usual method to pull on just one side to do Trudy's experiment with our Frontier.

Mommy2Marcus

I pull both straps to loosen the harness. I put my arm/wrist behind the straps & pull them both. I have never loosened just one side. It would bug the crap outta me to have uneven straps!!

southpawboston

i used to pull both on the signo before the recall out of fear of the strap coming off, but since the recall for the splitter plate problem, i pull on only one side (it's easier). i'm not familiar with the frontier issue, but it sounds similar to the problem recaro had with the signos and comos.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC